|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
One minute you're at a party with your boyfriend on his last day in the village before shipping out with the local order of warriors. Next thing you know, you're fighting trained assassins with a fire poker, finding out that 'dead' doesn't apply so much to the daughter of the Grim Reaper, and taking a trip to sixteenth century Venice.
Venetica is a Western action-RPG released in 2009 for the PC, 360 and PlayStation 3, where you play a female character named Scarlett in a version of historical Italy that resembles real Venice in that it has a city, which has canals.
The game contains examples of these tropes:
- Big No: Scarlett's reaction to several plot points.
- Cute Kitten
- Death Is a Slap on The Wrist: Justified; as the daughter of Death, Scarlett doesn't quite stay dead when she dies. Unless you die too much, then not even metaphysical nepotism can save you.
- Doomed Hometown: Before any gameplay, no less!
- Dull Surprise: Scarlett
- Five-Bad Band
- Gang of Hats: The thieves' guild is composed of people with animal nicknames.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Swords are the easiest weapons in the game to use.
- Ms. Fanservice: Scarlett herself; it can be hard to find armor that isn't revealing in some way. All her armor has to be tailored to fit her too, so either blacksmiths are horny or she just likes the revealing options.
- One-Winged Angel: The main bosses each get a monstrous form you fight in the spiritual realm.