The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Badass Decay: Dracula. To be fair, it's hard to retool a villain that's been beaten into the ground so many times.
- Complete Monster: Mr. Hyde just like his couterpart in the famous novel and Dracula of course. Actually these are the only two pure evil monsters (literally) unlike the werewolves who are just innocent cursed people and the Gentle Giant Frankestein Monster.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: the scene that introduces Friar Carl bears a more than passing resemblance to the inevitable scene in the James Bond film where Bond visits Q to load up on cool toys.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The Brides. In any other story they'd just be nameless background characters that'd be killed off quickly. Here they're actually deadly minions and give the heroes a run for their money. More often then not, they're what people remember most about the movie.
- Evil Is Sexy: And how.
- Foe Yay: Dracula shows interest in making Anna his bride, and a lot of his dialog with Van Helsing is pretty friendly considering Van Helsing is the one who originally killed him.
- Dracula's bride Aleera also seems very interested in Anna, calling her "my love" and making claims like "I know what lurks in your lusting heart."
- Ho Yay: Between Dracula and Van Helsing. Dracula seems a hell of a lot more interested in seducing Van Helsing than killing him. Especially when he calls him by his first name and drops hints about how close they used to be. It is also made worse by the videogame and the original script (turns out, they actually toned down on the Ho Yay...)
- Memetic Badass: Hugh Jackman.
- Narm Charm: Dracula and Frankenstein's monster.
- So Cool Its Awesome: Van Helsing as a werewolf was damned awesome.
- Spiritual Licensee: This movie is essentially Castlevania with automatic crossbows instead of whips.
- Squick: Van Helsing digging through a vampire Egg Sack to see what the undead vampire-babies inside look like.
- Wangst: Dracula's introduction boils down to "I can't feel emotions, so I'm going to be emotional about it!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.