|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Vamp is a 1986 horror/comedy film starting Grace Jones
The film follows college student and best friends Keith and AJ who, while trying to pledge for a fraternity, head out to find a stripper to dance for him. Their search leads them to the wrong side of town and a seedy stripper bar. There they find a stunningly beautiful stripper, Katerina and settle on her as they're main choice. However unknowest to them, the bar as well as the whole section of town is run by vampires. AJ finds this out first hand when he tries to convince Katerina to come dance for them and ends up as a meal for her instead. Keith meanwhile searches for his missing friend and slowly starts to realize that something isn't right with the town's patrons. Along the way he runs into a waitress working at the club, Amaretto, who joins in on his search as the two try to survive the night.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: Keith makes his way around one in the middle of the movie and the climax take place in one as well since it is the vampire's resting grounds.
- The Archer: Keith's fairly good with a bow.
- Bad Boss: Katrina isn't fond of failure as one unfortunate waitress finds out.
- Big Damn Heroes: AJ returns to save Keith and Amaretto from Katherine's lover at the climax
- Bittersweet Ending: For AJ at least, sure he saves his friends from being killed and fed on. But killing Katrina doesn't change him back and he's stuck as a vampire for the rest of his lif...er existence. He can't even join his friends on the surface when all's said and done. Having to stay stuck on the sewers to avoid the sunlight.
- Death by Sex: Poor AJ
- Even Evil Has Standards: The vampires don't attack indiscriminately, they mostly go for people with no family that would come looking for them so as to keep their secret safe. Which is the reason why Keith is a concern for them because the waitress at the time didn't know he was with AJ.
- Evil Albino: Keith runs a afoul of one and his gang while searching the streets. Ironically they're not vampires and wind up killed by them when they inadvertently help Keith and Amaretto escape after being cornered.
- Face Revealing Turn: Played straight with Duncun after they try to escape the club in his car only to find out he was bitten and turned. Averted with Amaretto when it turns out to be a fake out.
- Kill It with Fire: Done twice in the film to kill a horde of vampires
- Staking the Loved One: Keith to AJ he gets better.
- Town with a Dark Secret
- Transhuman Treachery: Subverted, AJ manages to fight back his hunger to help Keith escape and even requests to be staked so as not to kill him.
- Undead Child: Keith spots an undead girl attacking a hobo while prowling around town. She is also part of the undead group that try corner Amaretto and him.
- Vampire Dance: One of the highlights of the film when Katrina preforms for the club.
- Vampire Monarch: Katerina
- Vampires Own Nightclubs: Well a bar in this case.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks: Seriously of all the place to go looking for entertainment.
- You Can't Go Home Again: AJ tells this to Keith upon find his finding out he's a vampire.