|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Valkyrie Crusade is an online mobile game released by Nubee in March 2013, and was later acquired by MyNet in January 2016. The game itself combines elements of RPG, CCG and town-building, as the gameplay mostly consist of collecting and training characters in the form of cards, while developing your own kingdom to further support your progress. Oh, and the characters in question comes in the form cute girls.
The story is as follows: You somehow have found yourself in another world, the Celestial Realm. Standing in front of you is the Oracle, who asked for your help to unify the realm that has been divided by warring kingdoms under your banner. Backed with the knowledge given to you by the Oracle along the way and a small kingdom provided for you to rule and the Valkyries-- "battle maidens" you summoned as your army, you have to develop and march toward the neighboring kingdoms and dominate them.
- Action Girl: Practically all of the Valkyries.
- Arbitrary Headcount Limit: The Deck Cost, which is mainly use so that newer players could not just plow their way through battles with their (HSR)+ cards they got from events or lucky Summons, but sufficiently level up and develop their town further instead. The further a player goes into the game though, the less relevant this factor becomes.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Jewels can be used to make a lot of things easier or done quickly.
- Collectible Card Game: One of the main gameplay elements.
- Death Is a Slap on The Wrist: When a card is destroyed, it would simply spawn on the next battle with 1 health.
- Elite Mook: The Area Bosses, which are usually (N)-rarity cards with stats much higher than the ones fought in that area.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: The Celestial realm hosts a lot of fantastic beings, from Slimes to Centaurs, to Vampires and Androids. All of them also appear as cute girls who will fight for you once you successfully summoned them.
- Evolutionary Levels: Cards can be Evolved by pairing two of the same copies together.
- Fusion Dance: Cards can be fused with each other to increase their levels or form newer cards.
- Improbably-Female Cast: While there are male character models shown in your town, and it's implied that most of the masters of the lead Valkyries you defeated are males, the comparison of Male:Female cast is probably 10:90, especially if the player herself is also female. It also helps that the only characters with actual artworks are the Oracle and Valkyries.
- The Lancer:
- The Rose Knight can be seen as this to you, as she's the first Valkyrie who served you from the very beginning. Copies of her are also rewarded through the Campaign, most likely so the player can evolve her through as the story progresses.
- Also the Oracle herself, if you happen to draw her.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Hundreds of them, and still coming every few months.
- Love Confession: Almost every Valkyrie that has bonded with you to the maximum level (Affection Lv. 30) will declare her feelings of love toward you.
- Luck-Based Mission: Getting the much rarer Valkyries through Summon Tickets alone are pretty difficult due to the staple Random Number Generator system, especially since you need two copies of a Valkyrie to evolve it. Even Bribing Your Way to Victory through the use of Jewels only increase your frequency, and some Summoning Method aren't accessible using Jewels.
- Mysterious Waif: The Oracle, which guides you through your journey. If you're lucky in your draws, you can also have her assistance in battle.
- Palette Swap: Most of the generic or non-final evolutions are this.
- Power Equals Rarity: The higher a card's rarity is, the stronger it usually is.
- Power Incontinence: The Arcwitches are Valkyries that are overloaded with magical energy, turning them into absurdly strong entities that sometimes couldn't control themselves. It's implied that repeatedly defeating them brought them back to their normal state.
- The Power of Friendship: Literally, as reaching maximum friendship with a maiden actually increase her stats.
- The Power of Love: Most of them confess to you, too.
- Summon Magic: Your primary way of acquiring the Valkyries that fight for you.
- Undying Loyalty:
- The Oracle really loves to remind you that she fully trusts you and your ability no matter what.
- Your army of Valkyries also count, especially those with higher Affection levels toward you.
- At maximum friendship, the Rose Knight swore to be by your side through joy, misery and grief.