|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Usher Raymond IV, born in 1978, who performs under the mononym Usher, is an American R&B/Pop singer, dancer, and occasional actor. His overall discography consists of six studio albums, one live album, eight compilations, one extended play, and around 30 singles;
To date, he has shipped 22 and a half million albums in the US, and a combined 65 million records worldwide. He has attained nine Hot 100 number-one hits (all as a lead artist) and sixteen Hot 100 top-ten hits on the Billboard Music charts. In addition to his work as a recording artist, Usher has acted in several films, is part-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team, owns several restaurants, has his own cologne, and has served as a contestant mentor on American Idol.
His latest radio singles are DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love (feat. Pitbull) and Hot Tottie, both off of "Versus".
- Usher (1994)
- My Way (1997)
- 8701 (2001)
- Confessions (2004)
- Here I Stand (2008)
- Raymond v. Raymond (2010)
- Versus (2010)
- The Faculty (1998)
- She's All That (1999)
- Light It Up (1999)
- Geppetto (2000)
- Texas Rangers (2001)
- In The Mix (2005) as "Darrell"
- Killers (2010) as "Kevin"
Tropes that apply to Usher and his works:
- The Casanova: Has romanced Chilli of TLC, Brandy, Mya, Naomi Campbell, Rihanna, and one time wife Tameka Foster.
- Eleventy-Zillion: "Burn" has this:
"It's been fifty-eleven days, umpteen hours,
I'm gonna be burnin' 'til you return!"
- In Da Club: The video for his single Yeah! certainly applies, complete with slow motion effects.
- Intercourse with You: "Love In This Club", "Climax" & "Scream".
- Mentors: To Justin Bieber.
- Mother F-Bomb: A censored one in "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love".
- Mr. Fanservice: In 2010, Glamour Magazine named him one of the 50 sexiest men alive.
- Stage Names: Subverted in that Usher is his real name too, so he just left out the Raymond IV part.
- Super Bowl: Made a surprise appearance at Super Bowl XLV to sing his song, OMG with the Black Eyed Peas' musician will.i.am.