|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Untold Legends is a Hack and Slash RPG series by Sony Online Entertainment, the first of which was the first RPG on the Play Station Portable. Because of this, Brotherhood of the Blade is essentially Champions of Norrath lite, while the other two games have diverged somewhat.
The first game provides examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: Most of the female characters in the game have this.
- Blessed with Suck: In-universe, druids will live very short lifespans in exchange for their powers.
- Blow You Away: Druids can summon sentient tempests as companions, but like the alchemist's golem, they're generally useless.
- Capital City: Aven
- Copy and Paste Environments
- Crapsack World: Particularly for anyone living outside of the walls of Aven, since there is always constant threats from monsters and such.
- Critical Hit
- Demonic Spiders: Enemies that rush at you headfirst and explode on contact, causing lots of damage and knocking you down. The only way to kill these is to use long-range attacks if you've happened to notice them from far away, since they're very agile. The game also has some actual demonic spiders as enemies.
- Excuse Plot
- Giant Spider: Common Praetox spiders qualify, being roughly human-sized. That's to say nothing of their queen, Athloxxia, who is almost elephant-sized...
- Golem: The Alchemist can learn to summon one, but it's fairly useless as a damage dealer or meat shield. You can, however, learn to make it explode.
- Improbable Power Discrepancy
- Inn Security: The game opens with the inn being attacked by spiders.
- Money Spider
- Of Corsets Sexy: Practically all of the alchemist's armor are corsets and quite a lot of the NPCs wear them, as well.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Overseer Lysetta wears one of these.
- Shock and Awe: The alchemist and druid have access to Chain Lightning and Thunder Strike respectively.
- Socketed Equipment
- Stripperiffic: Most of the Alchemist's armor is like this.
- Take Your Time: NPCs are generally always in danger of some sort but there's never any time limit to achieving your tasks.
- The Wall Around the World: The city of Aven is closed off from the rest of the world of Unataca and most of its citizens have never set foot outside. This has earned the ire of the nomads who live outside of Aven.