The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes present in this game include:
- An Aesop: Pretty much every creature's story involves the creature, caretaker, or both learning some kind of Important LessonTM about themselves.
- Ascended Glitch: Capricious was directly inspired by a glitch that caused the image for the dragon Flarius to be replaced with the goat Caprine (or was it the other way around?)
- Christmas Elves: Julian.
- Clockwork Creature: Tictoc and Knidley.
- Clock Punk: Cloud City, with a bit of Steampunk thrown in.
- Everythings Cuter With Kittens: Paww. It's right there in the name.
- Foreshadowing: Most of the later exploration areas were mentioned first in the earlier areas' exploration texts.
- Gotta Catch Em All
- Harping on About Harpies: Lazuli. Not evil unlike most versions of harpies (a given with the extreme Sugar Bowl nature of the site), but described as "almost as frightening as she is beautiful" nonetheless.
- Human "Creatures": Adamant, Fortuna and Gemini are visually indistinguishable from humans (apart from Gemini's green hair.)
- Leprechaun: Clover, one of the seasonal pets for the month of March.
- Let's Meet the Meat: The Cali pet is a sentient burger.
- Mechanical Lifeforms: The Cyber, Tictoc and Knidley lines: robotic (or clockwork), but they hatch from eggs and grow like the rest of the creatures.
- Mix and Match Creatures: Capricious the goat-dragon, Felic the cowbunnyhorse.
- Mother Nature: Esmelda.
- Mushroom Man: Rumi.
- One-Gender Race: There are quite a few pets that only have one gender, most of these being humanoid pets.
- Our Angels Are Different: The Mikhal line are angels that build their own wings. Virgo is the traditional "ethereal Winged Humanoid" variety.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Fairy lizard dragons, goatdragons, clockwork dragons, tree dragons, wingless dragons... There is also Flarius.
- Our Fairies Are Different: There is a whole series of exotic (paid) pets that are seasonally-themed fairies, all of the Winged Humanoid variety. Creme is another Winged Humanoid fairy whose egg is a *cupcake*. Aello is also explicitly described as a fairy dragon.
- Our Gryphons Are Different: Khet is a classic-style gryphon on fire.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: There are two separate mermaid-type pets. The female Melody is a typical mermaid; the male Anex is almost one, but has green skin, and is mostly covered in scales and fins.
- Now there's a third, Aquamarine, a male-only merman of the standard "human top, fish bottom" type.
- Palette Swap: Noble and exalted creatures. Some creatures are also available in a larger variety of colors, but don't have a noble/exalted form (e.g. Kaan.)
- Pegasus: Dusa and Cyanne.
- Plant Person: Daisy and the seasonal dryads.
- Planimal: Arbor.
- Revenue Enhancing Devices: Various creatures are only available through donation. Bribing Your Way to Victory is avoided, as they don't get achievements so people who can't afford to get one aren't stuck with unfillable lines on the achievements page, and people who can don't get an advantage unlocking stuff that requires a certain number of achievements. Also, missions never require donation pets to access, so donation pets are basically an extra feature with almost no effect on the rest of the site (except that you get a max energy boost for fully evolving them just like every other creature.)
- You can also get exotic credits by buying them with the in-game currency of UniCreatures's complementary game, UniFaction. Or you could pray that a ninja comes one day and gives you some. Someone still has to buy the credits to give them to you, though.
- Shout-Out: Nimi is a pony complete with cutie mark.
- Steampunk: The Cloud City area and pets.
- Sugar Bowl
- This may be the result of a Lighter and Softer transition performed early in the website's run; before that, for example, the Arena was teams of pets fighting instead of sports games (the description for the Moxie Potion still refers to "combat energy",) and the Nagi and Twap families were carnivores.
- Tree-Top Town: Tree Tops, surprise surprise.
- Western Zodiac: A series of creatures based on this was released throughout 2010.
- Winged Humanoid: Virgo, Cupid, Mikhal, and the seasonal fairies.
- Wise Tree: Dendros.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.