The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: More or less lampshaded by Strannix when Krill decides to drown most of the ship's crew in order to bain Ryback into killing himself trying to save them.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Krill's acts of hostility towards Ryback, beginning with spitting in the chef's soup.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Many of Casey Ryback's improvised actions count as these, including but not limited to blowing up a Chinook using paint thinner and shooting down the submarine with a little help from his friends. Also Ryback kissing Jordan when he's asked to "show us some moves" by his crew.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Krill in a dress and makeup, asking Strannix if he needs psychological help, to which Strannix shakes his head.
- And in the second film, Travis Dane using the backdrop of the Eiffel Tower for his threat video.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Ryback working with his mates, and their sadness over the deaths of some of their number.
- Damsel Scrappy: In the first film, arguably.
- Everybody Remembers the Stripper: Quite literally in this case. The scene where Erika Eleniak pops out of a giant cake while topless is one of the most-remembered scenes from this film.
- God Mode Sue: At no point does it ever look like Ryback is in trouble.
- And yet it's still remarkably subdued compared to Seagal's usual characters - Ryback is far less respected than the standard Seagal protagonist, for starters.
- Good Troi Episode: Among Seagal films.
- Large Ham: Tommy Lee Jones (Strannix) and Gary Busey (Krill) look like they're having an absolute blast in the first movie. Jones in particular is complete over the top villainous awesome.
- Eric Bosgorian does what he can as well, chewing a Colorado forest's worth of scenery.
- Nightmare Fuel: Gary Busey. IN A DRESS.
- Retroactive Recognition: A young Katherine Heigl as Ryback's niece (and the damsel) in the sequel.
- The Scrappy: That one annoying balding guy in the glasses working for the Pentagon in the sequel. When he makes a lame quip about space being called space because there's so much of it, an admiral tells him never to speak again.
- Tear Jerker: Ryback draping the dead Captain's uniform over his body, after Ryback finds the captain killed in cold blood.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.