American actress, born April 29, 1970, best known for starring in Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Dangerous Liaisons, Gattaca, The Truth About Cats and Dogs, and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, where she plays Venus. Yes, that Venus. She also played Poison Ivy and Emma Peel.
This actress contains examples of:
- Action Girl: A couple of her roles later on in her career are good examples.
- Beautiful All Along: As a teen, Thurman was very insecure of her height and awkward physique, which were subject to teasing from peers and even adults. Eventually in the height of her acting career, she would model for famous designer clothing lines and cosmetic brands.
- Blue Eyes
- Dyeing for Your Art: From the usual changing color of her hair, using her own voice for musical roles (uncommon for non-singing actresses), to the extremes such as doing full nude scenes, learning martial arts for months, and doing her own stunts.
- Foot Focus: Being Quentin Tarantino's muse, she's had a few movie scenes focusing entirely on her feet.
- Granola Girl: Raised a Buddhist in Amherst and Woodstock.
- Hair of Gold
- One Uma Limit: Can you think of anyone else named Uma?
- Statuesque Stunner: She was already six feet tall in grade school!
- Unkempt Beauty: Sometimes.
- Who Names Their Kid Uma?