|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"You know, I get a lot of people asking me about stuff I hate now. You know, they'll write to me and say, 'Hey, what do you think about deforestation?' . . . Just about anything you can think of. And that's cool, because now it's like my job to hate shit, and I'm good at it, so it's all cool."
2, the Ranting Gryphon is a furry comedian whose specialty is amusing, often profanity-laced commentary on various subjects that annoy, infuriate, and otherwise perturb him - as demonstrated by the page quote, it's pretty much his job to hate various things, and he's good at it.
Tropes observed in 2's rants include:
- Berserk Button: Whatever the subject of his rant happens to be.
- Big No: In one version of his "Accidental Toast" rant:
"Hey, stop that toast!"
"We can't! There will be toast!"
- Card-Carrying Villain - Played with; in his "Portal of Evil" rant, he says that he must officially be evil because the Portal of Evil had an article on him.
- Cluster F-Bomb - Most of his rants and routines can be considered this, though there are a few that fall more into the Precision F-Strike territory.
- Dead Baby Comedy - Three words: Three Cheese Baby.
- Precision F-Strike - The "Global Warming" rant - as opposed to most of his rants, it has precisely three pieces of profanity: two "craps" and one "dumbasses".
- Rant Comedy - Well, he is 2, the Ranting Gryphon (emphasis on "ranting").
- Refuge in Audacity - And how!