The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Season 1
- Episode 8: After Jake and Alan find out that Judith filed for divorce, Charlie tells Jake that it's okay to cry sometimes (he's been told). Jake then goes and hugs Alan.
Alan: *puts on a happy face* Hey buddy!
Jake: *hugs Alan* It's okay dad.
- Episode 17: Charlie's been sulking because if both Judith and Alan died, some distant relatives of Charlie and Alan's would get Jake because Alan feels Charlie wouldn't be responsible as a parent. Jake hurts himself and starts bleeding from the head, Charlie's devotion and determination to make sure Jake's ok is truly heartwarming and shows that Charlie had a Hidden Heart of Gold in the earlier seasons.
- Episode 23: When Jake accidently quotes a sexist quote in front of Judith and her support group, she bans Jake from going to Charlie's house, Charlie goes over to Judith's and shows that how devoted he is to Jake and that he truly loves his nephew.
- Episode 24: When Charlie gives up on trying to have a vasectomy, Jake tells him he'd be an awesome dad.
- At one point, Charlie was getting pretty serious with an Asian woman with a son. One episode has him taking care of the kid through feeding him, helping him go to the bathroom, and playing music for him. It's a really sweet series of Pet the Dog moments for Charlie.
- Doubtless Charlie is a fucking douchebag, but at the end of Skunk, Dog Crap and Ketchup, he is sincerely trying to convince Alan's ex to return to his brother, because she's all the poor brother has. It is pretty much one of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments where Charlie genuinely shows compassion to Alan.
- The quality of Season 9 is a case of YMMV, but the episode where Alan's reading Charlie's journal and reading the parts about him and Jake and that Charlie loved them is heartwarming.
- Jake telling Alan that he misses Charlie and that he learnt that he doesn't want to be alone like Charlie was.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.