|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"I've created horrible people."—Rickard Jonasson
Two Guys and Guy is a M/W/F status quo gag-per-day webcomic. It follows the day-to-day adventures of three Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonists: Wayne, an average slacker; Frank, who is intelligent but amoral; and Guy, a shameless egotist who hangs around for her own amusement and profit. Their Comedic Sociopathy drives the plot of each comic.
Read it here.
- Alien Abduction: Complete with Anal Probing.
- Anticlimax: "The public is asked to keep an eye out for a burnt-faced man with a prosthetic hook for an arm."
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?: "I don't know why I thought we had the same idea. Let's do your thing."
- Art Evolution: For example Guy's eyes have been getting bigger. Other parts of her haven't.
- Ax Crazy: Frank, undoubtedly.
- Back From the Dead/Expendable Clone: Wayne, courtesy of Frank.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Sleep with one eye open, you two.
- Blush Sticker: Everyone has them but Guy's are the biggest.
- Brick Joke: You might not think this strip is particularly funny. Then you get to this strip.
- Butt Monkey: Wayne.
- And Lardo - I mean, Lars.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: Guy, evidently.
- Cassandra Truth: "I don't understand why he left the Tesla Coil Safety Zone when I told him what would happen."
- Characterization Marches On: Frank's major personality traits are defined in the third strip. In the strip prior, he actually expresses an emotion, complete with exclamation point. His sociopathy also isn't readily apparent until this strip.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Everyone, especially Guy and Frank.
- The author will also deliberately invoke this trope in his blog comments related to the comic, making himself appear this way to further the joke.
- Comic Trio: Typically, Guy is the leader/navigator, Frank the idiot/driver (though he enables the situation through his apathy rather than his ignorance), and Wayne the complainer/backseat, though the roles can shift depending on the joke.
- Perfect role correspondence here.
- The Comically Serious: Frank, epitomized here.
- Compensating for Something: Wayne tends to do this a lot, see Testosterone Poisoning.
- Continuity Nod: Yeah, totally lame...
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Guy.
- Double Standard Abuse (Female on Male): When Guy provokes strange men, Wayne gets sent to the hospital, via speed dial.
- Dull Surprise: Frank.
- Exact Words: It would appear “group therapy” means something different when it comes to Guy.
- Fail O'Suckyname: Wayne W. Wayne.
- Failed a Spot Check: Evidently, Guy's default state of being. Observe.
- Fiery Redhead: Guy
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Wayne's on Guy.
- Funny Background Event: Despite frequently eating at a sushi bar, Wayne apparently still can’t hold chopsticks properly.
- You’ll notice in this strip that Frank is setting a rat trap in the first two panels.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Guy has more that two
- Gold Digger: Guy. She even considers Wayne's father as a potential Meal Ticket.
- Gypsy Curse: Subverted in this strip in that while she doesn’t appear to have any supernatural powers, she has other ways of Wayne suffer.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Frank, though the "heroic" part is mostly nominal. Guy sometimes too.
- Hypocritical Humor: "Effin' perverts!"
- Limited Wardrobe
- Literal Metaphor: “Don’t go into my closet.”
- The Mad Hatter: Frank. See "Ax Crazy."
- Conversed here.
- Mad Scientist: Frank.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Wayne and Guy, evidently.
- Morally-Ambiguous Doctorate: Frank has a diploma in applied pseudoscience.
- Never Gets Drunk: Frank, seemingly.
- Nice Guy: Lars and his friends, who seem to the Good Counterparts to Wayne, Guy and Frank.
- No Sense of Humor: Frank.
- Non-Indicative Name: Guy, who is the girl.
- Not What It Looks Like: No, that’s… uh, Wayne’s cousin!
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Guy.
- Only Sane Man: Averted. Up until the 5th strip, you might have thought Frank was. You’d be very, very wrong.
- Lars and pretty much anyone who isn't the main trio.
- Playing Cyrano: Unfortunately, Wayne chose Frank to be this.
Frank: No, I said I’ve turned down romance in favor of science.
- Poke the Poodle: “You’re surprisingly bad at this.’’
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Guy and Frank, respectively.
- Running Gag: Guy and Frank taking Wayne to the ICU.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Seems to be Frank's Weapon of Choice.
- Shower of Angst: Wayne didn’t really care about that children’s book, no sir!
- The Slacker: Wayne.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Guy. Exemplifed here.
- Status Quo Is God: Noted especially in this strip.
- The Stoic: Frank, along with Stoic Spectacles. This strip suggests that it may not be natural.
Wayne: Frank, what’s wrong with you, man? Laugh once in awhile!
Guy: Yeah, you weirdo!
Frank: Strange. I thought I did…
- Strong Family Resemblance: Wayne, and his cousin Lars, though they are not entirely identical.
- Terrible Trio: Guy as the leader, Wayne and Frank as the henchmen.
- Testosterone Poisoning: Wayne needs this to counteract a very specific kind of medical exam.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: Please call the police.
- Tomboyish Name: Guy, who is a girl.
- Two Guys and a Girl named Guy.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Seems to be between Guy and Wayne.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: All three characters.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: All three, though Guy and Wayne in particular map well to Type 2.
Wayne: Is this nice version of Guy freaking you out, too?
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Poor Wayne.