|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Twiztid was once referred to as the "proteges" of Insane Clown Posse, the founders of Twiztid's home label, Psychopathic Records. In actuality, Twiztid's members, Jamie Madrox and Monoxide, were originally from another Detroit Horrorcore/Acid Rap group, House of Krazees (the duo was once known as "Mr. Bones" and "Hektic"), and have been around since the same time as ICP. In recent years, Twiztid has come out of ICP's shadow somewhat and established themselves as a major act in Detroit hip hop, even gaining a few fans from ICP's Hatedom.
Twiztid's subject matter usually revolves around the duo's varied interests, including horror movies (both), comics, toys (both, but Jamie Madrox heavily), marijuana (both) and cigarettes (Monoxide).
They also host Ashtrays & Action Figures, a show on Psychopathic Radio.
- Darker and Edgier: "W.I.C.K.E.D." ("Wish I Could Kill Every Day") is promoted as Twiztid's darkest album, which it is.
- Fat and Proud: Jamie Madrox has no illusions about his weight, and has in fact made it a part of his persona.
- One of Us: Jamie. Full stop. When you base your stage name off of the Multiple Man...yeah.
- Mockumentary: Born Twiztid. Unlike Insane Clown Posse's Shockumentary, Born Twiztid focuses solely on Jamie and Monoxide's fictional backstory and is played for laughs.
- Obsession Song
- Rap Rock: "Mutant (Vol. 2)" is distinctive from the rest of Twiztid's catalog, which is primarily hip hop, in that it is actually a rock album. Also, some of their other songs are like this as well.
- The Stoner: Madrox and Monoxide.
- Smoking Is Cool: Monoxide. His favorite brand? Newports.