|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
True Crime: New York City is the sequel to True Crime: Streets of LA.
Marcus Reed is gang member of his father's gang. Several years later, he appears to be betrayed by a friend and declared dead. However, he returns as a bloody mess to kill Kev Lar, the man responsible for setting him up. After killing him, Terry Higgins, a cop, saves his life from a gang member and agrees to arrest him. He doesn't like Marcus killing and threatens him to do as he says or he's on his own forever.
5 years later, Marcus is working for the NYPD, and works under Lt. Dixon. Victor Navarro, the chief, is not liking this. After passing his test, Marcus is driven to see his father, Isaiah, to show he's not a criminal anymore. Terry stops in a place for a deal, but seeming dies in an explosion. Since then, Marcus plans on tracking down the four crime leaders to avenge his death.
- Big Bad: Terry Higgins
- Big Damn Heroes: Terry has one in the beginning the moment he saves Marcus' ass from Kev Lar's thug.
- Car Skiing: One of several possible vehicular stunts.
- Cowboy Cop: Marcus
- Da Chief: Victor Navarro
- Dirty Cop
- Good Cop, Bad Cop
- Ironic Echo: "Motherfuckers with no loyalty don't deserve to live."
- Karma Meter
- The Mole: Terry
- Multiple Endings: Good and Bad Cop endings.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Marcus looks at his badge in shame in the "Bad Cop" ending.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill
- Unwitting Pawn: Marcus himself. Lampshaded by Kev Lar earlier, saying "Just like your old man, you're always gonna be played, nigga."
- Upbringing Makes the Hero: Averted in the good ending; where Marcus's gangster/WarriorPoet father pontificates where such integrity came from.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Terry and Marcus' father.