The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- As the number of trope examples gains magnitude, the probability of an example entirely in Japanese approaches certainty.
- A given trope shall be about Star Trek in some way. The fact that this has nothing to do with the Japanese language is <something about Sulu>. If you can't link it to Star Trek or Doctor Who, Stargate SG-1 will do. The fact that this has even less to do with the Japanese language is <something about island nations> or <something about that monk on Oma Desala's planet>, respectively.
- If neither a Speculative Fiction or Anime example can be found, the authors compromise by finding one from Avatar: The Last Airbender. (In the unlikely event it doesn't have one already.)
- The probability of an opening quote from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series, Zero Punctuation or Discworld is directly proportional to how long an entry on a trope has existed.
- If the entry involves Webcomics in any way, there will be an example from El Goonish Shive or Order of the Stick. Homestuck is also likely be cited.
- There will be substantially more trope examples based on Anime than any other medium.
- Suzumiya Haruhi, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Bleach will be mentioned in any page not specifically about it. If a page lacks either, it's only a matter of time.
- It will be declared to be one of The Oldest Ones in the Book.
- If it involves Time Travel, there will be a Headscratchers page about it.
- If the trope was ever Subverted or Lampshaded, the probability that an example from The Simpsons will be posted approaches one exponentially, with exceptions mostly populating the realm of Anime Tropes.
- At least two-thirds of tropes shall have examples from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and said examples will probably involve a Lampshade Hanging or subversion. This chance increases to nine-tenths if Angel and Firefly are also considered.
- If the example in question is from Neon Genesis Evangelion, the probability of it being listed as a Deconstruction, Lampshade Hanging or subversion is exactly one, even if it actually involves neither.
- Sooner or later, Paul Robinson will claim it's in Instrument of God.
- If there is a Wild Mass Guessing page for it, at least one character will be cited as a Time Lord, Jesus, Johan, or Haruhi Suzumiya, including for Haruhi Suzumiya itself.
- If a trope has anything to do with gender or superheroes, there will be a Whateley Universe example. There probably will be even if it has absolutely nothing to do with gender or superheroes.
- If a trope is about weaponry, the probability of 'Mega Man or one of its Sequel Series getting a mention is 100%.
- As time passes, the chances of a trope being either inverted, subverted, or played 'brutally' straight by Warhammer 40000 approaches one.
- It's Been Done.
- On any Wild Mass Guessing page for a more weird anime, at some point there will be a suggestion that it takes place during Instrumentality.
- The worse reception the work has, the larger percentage the work's YMMV page is compared to main page.
- On Character Sheets, main non-antiheroes have less tropes than villains or neutral characters.
- Any trope even tangentially related to Mind Screw will draw examples from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and vice versa.
- If it is an animated trope, the chance of Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic being listed there is almost exactly 100%.
- As time passes, the probability of a trope page having an internal link to itself within one of its examples approaches one.
- If a video game trope is present in the webcomics, the probability of it being parodied or lampshaded is close to 100%.
- On any Wild Mass Guessing page for a series with Applied Phlebotinum, the chances of said phlebotinum being connected to Spiral Power at some point is 100%.
- Eventually, every example will be an aversion, subversion, inversion, Double Subversion, "partial subversion", or Not an Example.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.