|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Bond: Anything distinctive about him?Bond: Fascinating anatomical tidbit. But probably the most useless piece of information I've ever heard.
Andrea: Yes, but how can I tell you? He's not like other men. [motions toward her chest] He has three...
Technically known as a supernumerary nipple or polythelia, a character with a triple nipple has just that: three nipples as opposed to the customary two.
Though it's used to mark a character as weird or unusual (and indeed, in folklore, an extra nipple is thought to be a teat that the devil sucks on), it's not particularly rare in real life. About one out of 18 people has one, though most of them only reach the stage of development where they just look like moles.
Compare Multi Boobage.
Anime & Manga
- In Axis Powers Hetalia, France may count as such ever since the strip "Let's Assist the French Economy!", wherein he claimed Italy's right nipple, which apparently represents Corsica. At the very least, Italy is down to one....
Films -- Live-Action
- Scaramanga in both the novel and film of The Man with the Golden Gun. When James Bond tries to impersonate Scaramanga using a fake nipple, he puts it in an anatomically impossible location.
- In Mallrats, the topless psychic credits her powers to her third nipple, eventually revealed to be fake.
- In Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood, one vampire prostitute has three nipples - all pierced and chained together. Caleb muses, "I always wanted a girl with a little extra."
- In Good Omens, the Witchfinder Sergeant is obsessed with finding people with extra nipples.
- Chandler Bing of Friends is said to have a third nipple, which he calls a "nubbin". He later has it surgically removed.
- Nip Tuck has an episode in the second season dedicated to Christian Troy removing the third nipple of a patient he's invited to the clinic.
- Lt. Hawkes of Space: Above and Beyond is an InVitro, meaning he spent his embryonic period in a tank. The mark where the feeding tube was connected at his neck resembles a nipple, though he insists it's more like a "belly button".
- "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "CNR" claims that Charles Nelson Reilly had a third nipple on the back of his neck.
- During her American Idol audition, Carrie Underwood mentioned that she had one that looked like a mole.
- British recording star Lily Allen has one, which she showed off in an episode of The Friday Night Project.
- The song, "I No Longer Have a Nipple on My Forehead".
- The Simpsons: In "Kamp Krusty", Lisa uses Krusty the Clown's superfluous third nipple to confirm his identity.
- Kif from Futurama has 3 nipples as shown when he sheds his skin in "300 Big Boys".
- In an episode of Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Eddy claims that Ed had three nipples (like that guy from James Bond) to prevent Nazz from discovering that they are naked in her pool.
- In Family Guy: This is the reason why Peter wished to marry the one woman from Total Recall.
- Mark Wahlberg.
- Anne Boleyn was famous for this, though it seems to be apocryphal.
- Humans (and most mammals) have something called mammary ridges, two non-visible lines of slightly thickened skin going down the chest on which nipples form. Obviously, two is the normal number, but other much smaller supernumerary nipples can form along those lines.
- ↑ and edible