|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Read "Transformers: Frontier" here.
TF:F is a Crossover fic between Macross and Transformers, set two years after the finale of Macross Frontier. A Decepticon strike force pursues an Autobot warship to the Vajra homeworld. Plot ensues. It is currently ongoing, updates subject to my real-life schedule.
It is also important to note that the basic premise is that the Macrossverse is the "default" universe, and that the Transformers have had their backstories edited so that I could make it so that the two franchises share a single universe, and so that battles between guys that can be damaged by 21st century military hardware and guys with BFGs who make judicious use of Macross Missile Massacre don't end up being a curbstomp in favor of the latter. Fandom being what it is, this does not always go well with some readers.
This story contains examples of:
- Ace Pilot: As per the original series, SMS pilots are usually a cut above the standard NUNS pilot unless said pilot belongs to Diamond Force. Starscream's Seekers, on average, are just as much above any human pilot.
- Action Girl: Arcee
- Autobots Rock Out: Not just the songs from the series, but also as of Chapter 10 Bad Romance and Never Gonna Give You Up
- Encyclopedia Exposita: a feature of the Jack McKinney Robotech novels, reproduced here
- BFG: Many characters/ships have these. One of Arcee's components pack the equivalent of Brera's gun (anti-ship beam rifle). Astrotrain, being big enough to step over Zentradi, packs the equivalent to the SDF-1 Macross's main gun on his shoulders. Of course, the Macross-class ships also have these.
- Combining Mecha: Two types - Gestalts as in the original series, and inferior drone copies that are more powerful than standard drones when combined but still inferior to true Cybertronians.
- Good Republic, Evil Empire: Autobots and Decepticons respectively at the beginning of the war - kind of. Depends entirely on your political views, and whether you value governmental effectiveness or peace and freedom.
- Hollywood Tactics: Am trying to avert this by providing explanations for why battles go the way they go.
- It's Raining Men: How Cybertronians make planetfall
- Immune to Bullets: played with. All Cybertronians are extremely tough to kill, being Made of Iron and all. ECM also makes using homing weapons difficult, and some (such as Starscream's Seekers) are too small to be targeted by ship guns. Still, shoot them enough and they will die.
- Made of Iron: Cybertronians. Between energy shielding/barriers, armor, self-repair protocols based on breaking down existing material for "internal matter synthesizers" to use in reconstructing damaged parts. And the bigger the bot, the better they are at this.
- Meaningful Name: Cybertronians generally do this.
- Kill The Dog: Frenzy and Ai-kun
- One-Man Army: Most Cybertronians are this, provided they are of sufficient size.
- Point Defenseless: As an ex-NJROTC cadet, I generally try to mention the presence of point defense at least once every battle.
- Powered Armor: Zentradi usually field these.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized: Decepticons' backstory
- The Revolution Will Not Be Vilified: The Decepticons' backstory, according to them
- Shout-Out: This being Transformers and Macross, many. The Transformers Wiki was very useful in this regard. Also, any alien force the Cybertronians are mentioned as fighting/having fought in the past is generally a shout-out to some sci-fi franchise or other. Ryuuto Machida's given first name bears some resemblance to a certain MMA fighter.
- We Have Reserves: Cybertronian drones are this. Cybertronians are not, as no Allspark means death is permanent. NUNS is also this.
This story will contain examples of:
- Cool vs. Awesome: Ramjet vs Machida