The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: Grimlock and the Dinobots being in the game was the first thing learned and exactly what fans were hoping for.
- And Peter Cullen is back again. As is Gregg Berger.
- Toyline-related, but still applicable. News that there would be Fall of Cybertron toys was met with a fairly warm reception, especially since it includes fan favourites like Jazz and Shockwave. News that said Fall of Cybertron toys included ALL five Combaticons in the Deluxe size class and that they WILL be able to form Bruticus has caused fans to collectively need to change their pants.
- Going off that, Soundwave is getting a new toy. While it is a scaled up, voyager, version of his Deluxe toy, and it has a very not Soundwave firearm, it does have what fans always wanted, Ejectable minions. That's right, Laserbeak, Rumble, Ratbat, and Ravage have all got new designs as data disks that can fit in Soundwave's chest (most are sold seperately), parallel to the ever popular Original G1 toy. He's even getting a redeco as Soundblaster with Buzzsaw.
- They announce the game for PC users.
- This E3 trailer, according to some comments, has received warm praise. Why? Metroplex.
- Author's Saving Throw: Features the one thing that the previous game lacked, Optimus vs. Megatron.
- Awesome Music: The Humbling River is atmospheric, dark, moody, powerful, and perfect for the first trailer in the darkest Transformers game ever created.
- Character Rerailment: Brings the Dinobots back to being the Anti-Heroes that they originally were instead of Dumb Muscle Comic Relief.
- Even Better Sequel: Often viewed as such.
- Fanfic Fuel: So where did the Ark and Nemesis end up when the Space Bridge collapsed?
- Heartwarming Moments: The Dinobots are violent sociopaths but no one can deny that they're also True Companions who genuinely care for and look out for each other.
- He's Just Hiding: Grimlock and the Dinobots when the Space Bridge tower collapsed. Sure enough, they show up fine and dandy in the comics.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The fourth and fifth levels feature Cliffjumper (voiced by Nolan North) and Jazz (voiced by Troy Baker) exploring ancient ruins together and fighting off madmen. Baker would later join North for the fourth Uncharted game.
- After the game seemed to have been set 65-66 million years ago, to justify Shockwave discovering dinosaurs on Earth, the fans and the official powers jumped through some massive hoops to arrive at the conclusion that Shockwave was looking through time as well as space, as they found the huge time span too much to swallow. Then Transformers: Cyberverse would rather casually feature a 65-66 million year Time Skip that the Transformers treated as nothing.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: Not in the sense that it's like War for Cybertron, but like the video game tie-in of Dark of the Moon, which had single-player levels that "focused" on making the playable Transformers unique. Hopefully, High Moon will manage to cure this problem.
- The same could be said for some the tie-ins with Transformers Prime.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Bruticus and Grimlock are playable characters. That is all.
- Memetic Mutation: "Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime!"
- Tear Jerker:
- For the World Premier trailer, you can just feel how stricken with grief Optimus is over Bumblebee's injuries.
- The game doesn't shy away from it at all: War Is Hell and it has killed Cybertron. The Tron Lines that shined so brightly in the last game are now dim. Stagnant as it might have been, Cybertron was a beautiful planet with a rich culture and history and nearly all that has been crushed by the war.
- The sheer beauty of the Ancient Map Room. It's the only part of the game that has even the tiniest glimmer of hope. Little wonder that Cliffjumper didn't want to leave.
- Metroplex's Heroic Sacrifice.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Opinions on Optimus Prime's new design were mixed at best. Megatron has been slightly better received, as some promo pics make him look fatter than he actually is.
- Tough Act to Follow: Regarded by many as the greatest Transformers game with everything that followed being compared to it.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The VGA World Premiere trailer is by Digital Domain. One of the effects studios of the Transformers film series. It's kinda expected from these guys at this point.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.