The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Acceptable Targets: Fred is the butt of countless fat-jokes, though he does prove to not be entirely useless.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The weird time travel/alternate timeline hopping. Happens with no apparent cause, is never mentioned again.
- Complete Monster: Thrust.
- Creator's Pet: Those bloody children.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Starscream, despite his not being The Starscream and more the Noble Demon. Unicron's introduction is also considered the turning point of the show.
- Epileptic Trees: There are a couple characters called Sidways throughout the multiverse, and it's definitely been speculated that they're all the same guy.
- Ethnic Scrappy: Carlos. "Holy frijoles!" Mind you, "Scrappy" status is shared by all humans in the series, as usual.
- Growing the Beard: Unicron's beard, specifically. The series becomes much better when the trilogy-namer enters.
- Ho Yay: Tons of this with Hotshot and Red Alert and the entire dialog between Jetfire and Optimus when their talking about what they used to do and the whole scene where they are explaining why they can link-up after and during the battle with (mainly) Starscream is rife with suggestion, especially when Optimus says its been awhile since they had done it.
- Demolisher practically melts when Megatron takes a hit for him and says when Demolisher expresses concern and I quote Megatron "It doesn't matter as long as you're alright". It was an act on Megs' side but Demolisher is pretty much viewed as being one hundred and ten percent gay for Megatron.
- Memetic Mutation: Rad wants to tell you about the Transformers. And the jAaM meme.
- Memetic Loser: When it comes to yet-to-be-released toys, the all-new Armada Prime figure revealed in Wonder Festival 2019 tops it all: many fans joked/doubted on whether the toy is completely canceled after a year of its tease until Hasbro revealed that Takara confirming that the figure isn't the latter's production priority. The reveal of the Selects Super Megatron (which also teased last year) further heightened Armada Prime's loser reputation as an unreleased toy.
- Special Effects Failure / Off-Model: The show is infamous (though not to the degree of Transformers Generation 1) for its ve-he-hery ropey animation quality, especially during its first half. Characters are often miscolored, badly proportioned, and in one scene, Starscream is literally just a floating black dot with wings! Robot animation in the first few episodes often amounted to unmoving drawings sliding across the scene. At times, you can barely tell what's going on because the animation is just nuts.
- Not to mention the very liberal use of Photoshop outside of the obvious coloring.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Optimus only stays dead for three episodes. So much more could have been done with his absence.
- The Woobie: Starscream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.