|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A soviet animated musical made in 1969. Based on the story of "The Bremen Town Musicians".
It had one, direct sequel "On The Trail Of The Bremen Town Musicians" made by the same creative group, and the other one was made in 2000.
You can watch it with english subtitles on Youtube.
- Adaptation Expansion
- Bound and Gagged: king
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The outlaws.
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- He Also Did: shorts' script-writer, Vasily Livanov, is much more famous for being Sherlock Holmes in russian adaptation. Apart from writing he also directed the number of cartoons (including the sequel to this very short), and had a huge voice-acting carreer due to his distinctive hoarse voice.
- Hot Gypsy Woman: leader of the outlaws
- Match Cut: moon turns into outlaws' sign
- Miles Gloriosus: King's guards.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed:
- outlaw trio are desinged after Comic Trio of Nikulin, Vitsin and Morgunov who had series of popular slapstick comedies.
- king is modeled after Erast Garin's performance as king in "Cinderella" (1947)
- detective in the sequel has the looks and similar voice of Nikolai Karachentsov, another popular russian actor
- Ruined FOREVER: third short made in modern times.
- The Sixties: thigh-high miniskirt, square goggles and rock'n'roll! And yes, it is a Soviet cartoon.
- She's Got Legs: Princess, especially in the sequel.
- Singing To Himself: all the male voices (bar Donkey) and one female (of course all of them are singing voices cause all character interactions are sung) belong to one person. It wasn't original intention: they had an ensemble star cast, but due to various reasons (one of the reasons was mighty hangover) every other voice-actors couldn't show up at the recording. Oleg Anofriev then voiced all the parts by himself. The only part he couldn't sing was princess.
- Trademark Favorite Food: king's boiled eggs.
- Villain Song: Two villain songs, actually - one real and one faked by Troubadour.
- Walking the Earth