The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Sakuya's endless, inexplicable subservience to Remilia. There is absolutely no explanation for why a powerful, capable human has devoted herself entirely to a petulant, selfish brat of a vampire, and a Bodyguard Crush is far from implausible.
- Youmu's similar devotion to Yuyuko, constantly acquiesing to the whims of a millenium-old child but never shirking her duty. She was even willing to steal the very essense of spring from Gensoukyou and plunge it into eternal winter simply because Yuyuko told her to.
- Eirin betraying and killing her peers, exiling herself from her home and her position as "brain of the moon," simply so she could be with Kaguya. She even hides most of her power so that Kaguya isn't offended by a subordinate with more power than her, something completely unprecedented in Touhou.
- Mokou's literally eternal hatred towards Kaguya for an "offense" made against her father centuries ago, which combined with Kaguya viewing their "rivalry" with more amusement than anything else makes Mokou seem more like a gigantic Tsundere.
- The semi-canonical Inaba of the Moon and Earth only seems to confirm what a Tsundere Mokou is.
- Meanwhile, Mokou has been living as a hermit and vagrant for centuries, isolating herself from others because she can't bear to see them die while she never changes... except for Keine, who is literally Mokou's only friend and even tries to protect her. Mokou knows what will happen, but can't quite bring herself to avoid Keine as she does with everyone else.
- Suika living with Reimu after Reimu defeated her, though Reimu is mostly annoyed at Suika mooching off of her.
- Yukari's perpetual, relentless teasing of Reimu, alternating between Trickster Mentor and this trope.
- In Marisa's route against Flandre in the Eo SD Extra Stage, she makes a comment about hooking up Flandre with Reimu...
- Reimu seems to be a youkai magnet. Mima was pretty much obsessed with her, Remilia apparently goes periodically to Hakurei Shrine just for taking tea, and Rin wanted to be her pet for a while. And after every game, no matter how much pride has been crushed and bullets have been fired into faces, everyone always go to Reimu's party for tea and giggles.
- Marisa and Alice... there is a reason these two are the single most popular pairing in the fandom. Ever since they met (again?) in Perfect Cherry Blossom they have formed a bizarre partnership unique to Gensoukyou based not on greater power or authority but lots and lots of snark, spending almost the entirety of both Imperishable Night and Subterranean Animism arguing Like an Old Married Couple, often ignoring the boss just to trade snipes. And yet, they still hold a large amount of affection for each other, Alice abrasive and rude towards everyone but displaying a rare sentimental side with Marisa, while Marisa herself, though very much a Jerk with a Heart of Jerk, is far more respectful towards Alice than she is to anyone since Mima. And they even share a bed in one of IN's Bad Ends.
- Yuyuko and Yukari, close friends for more than a millenium, even before Yuyuko died. Considering Yukari was the one that enabled Yuyuko to continue existing as a Cute Ghost Girl, ensuring that she would never "cross over" or resurrect, it's at least one-sided.
- Byakuren and almost the entire cast of Undefined Fantastic Object, all literally worshipful of and intensely loyal towards Youkai Jesus.
- Sanae B's Extra Stage in UFO: Sanae actively refuses to believe that Nue could be a youkai and drags her off to get photos taken together. Bad enough like that, but Sanae B is not fond of youkai...
- The fan-game Concealed the Conclusion is basically a Rescue Romance, with Marisa being warned in no uncertain terms by nearly everyone in Gensoukyou to stay away from Reimu and just let her go, Marisa pressing on regardless and eventually leading to the the final, emotional confrontation with Reimu herself. And Scenario D even manages to add some Marisa/Alice hints, with Alice adding "why don't you stay with me?" to her "let Reimu go" speech.
- Soga no Tojiko is based off of Tojiko no Iratsume. Toyosatomimi no Miko is a genderbent Prince Shoutoku. Historically, Tojiko no Iratsume and Prince Shoutoku were married.
- Some of the pre-battle dialogue with bosses can sound pretty flirty. E.g. from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:
Marisa: I have enough. Of plenty of things.
Patchouli: Then I'll dig in.
Marisa: I'm really delicious.
- Patchouli's presumably talking about literally eating her (Patchy is a youkai, after all!) but it can certainly be taken the other way.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.