|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Total Drama Island's cast got so big that the page had to be split into several pages. This page is for the new players that appeared in Season 3.
"Watch out, Total Drama nerds. This new guy is going all the way to the top."
Voiced by: Marco Grazzini
Alejandro moved from Spain when he was a young boy. He expects nothing but the best for himself, because he was raised to never expect any less.
His father was an important diplomat. From him, Alejandro learned about diplomacy at a young age, knowing when to say the right things to the right people at the right time all the time. While his mother spoiled him, she also raised him to be a gentleman.
The youngest of three brothers, Alejandro always had a competitive rivalry with them. He has always been very skilled at not just sports, but music, art, hypnosis (learned from his uncle), juggling and ventriloquism. All that, plus his picky eating habits, have given Alejandro a rock-hard body and the good looks to go with it.
On the outside, Alejandro is polite and cordial, especially with the ladies (they go nuts around him). The inside is a true competitor whose only cares about total victory. That's why when Chris McLean was auditioning for Total Drama Dirtbags, Alejandro jumped on board.
He finds out later that Chris used him to test the contestants from Total Drama Island, but was offered a spot on Total Drama World Tour as a way to make it up to him.
- Ambiguously Bi: Alejandro shows shades of this as appears to flirt with Noah in "Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan" and "Newf Kids on the Rock", giving remarks like "what say you" and "my little porpoise". Though many episodes have Alejandro clearly has interest in girls, charming almost every female contestant in World Tour before hooking up with Heather.
- Anti-Villain: Shows phases of Type I and Type II. See Inferiority Superiority Complex, Noble Demon, and Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds below.
- A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing: It takes a while for the other contestants to catch onto his manipulative ways.
- Badass Spaniard
- Beauty is Bad: He's a lying, back-stabbing jerk, but... would you look at those eyes.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Heather.
- Big Bad: Of World Tour.
- Big No: Parodying the most famous example
- Bilingual Bonus: His last name means "dead donkey." Yeah.
- Break the Haughty: See Humiliation Conga below.
- Card-Carrying Villain: His title is "The Arch Villain".
- The Chessmaster
- Chick Magnet: To the point where he was able to manipulate virtually every female character in the season.
- Dashing Hispanic: A proud Spaniard, who's a Master of All and one of the deadliest contestants on the show.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Like Justin he also has this effect on girls, although unlike Justin he can manipulate them with his words as well.
- Embarrassing Last Name: His last name "Burromuerto" is Spanish for "dead donkey".
- Even the Guys Want Him: To the point that Tyler (who is very much in love with his girlfriend Lindsay) enters a panicked bout of Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today? if Alejandro so much as touches him.
- Eviler Than Thou: "Compared to me? Heather's a saint."
- Expy: He's very similar to Justin, only worse.
- Eyepatch of Power: He gets one of these in the episode where they go to the Amazon.
- Fan Nickname: Darth Alejandro, after he is placed in the Drama Machine.
- Freudian Excuse: His father taught him how to be manipulative, his mother gave him his skills at gentlemanly womanizing girls, and his older brothers mocking him gave him his obsessive, competitive nature.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Obviously.
- Green Eyes: They indicate that he is untrustworthy.
- Hot Guys Are Bastards
- Humiliation Conga: Okay let's go down the list, he's about to win by tossing the sacrifice into the volcano, he sees Heather cry out in frustration, Alejandro gets Heather to admit she loves him, he admits the same, we have swelling music, real CMOHW, then *BAM!* a kiwi shot by Heather, who then pushes Alejandro down the volcano on a block of ice. When he reaches the bottom he is trampled by everyone running away from the eruption, he is caught in the lava flow, and after the end credits he's put in the Robot from Celebrity Manhunt Special to become "Darth Alejandro." ...damn...
- Even in the alternate ending where he wins, he still suffers from all of this. It's actually even worse, since he won the money and then lost it.
- I Meant to Do That: Whenever Alejandro screws up, or loses, he'll give a long winded explanation how it was all according to plan.
- Kick the Dog:
- Ladykiller in Love
- The Lancer: On Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After manipulating the girls for most of the season, he ultimately loses because he allows HIS feelings to be manipulated.
- Latin Lover
- Love Hurts
- Love Makes You Dumb: His tactic for eliminating several of the females. He almost wins World Tour, but he himself fell victim to this.
- Manipulative Bastard: Responsible for more eliminations than any other character in the series, including that of Bridgette, Leshawna, Noah, Tyler, Owen, and to a lesser extent, DJ, Duncan and Harold.
- Moral Event Horizon: In-universe example, none of the other players (save for one or two) liked him anymore after he threw Cody to the sharks.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Muppet Cameo: During "This is How we Will End It", he controls a Muppet version of himself.
- Overly Long Tongue: In Hawaiian Punch when he decides to kiss his pineapple-dummy. No wonder Heather looked so freaked out when he kissed her.
- Pec Flex: In the confessional in "Chinese Fake-Out."
- Picky Eater: Shown as a weakness in "Chinese Fake-Out." He tries to use Courtney to get around it until he gets caught.
- Punny Name: Possibly. As pointed out on the WMG page, "Burromuerto" combined with the nickname "Al" might be a reference to a Spanish saying about not having glory when you die. That being said, that might be why he hates Owen referring to him as Al. Although it was revealed that his bullying brother also called Alejandro that, knowing that he hates it, that doesn't necessarily mean Alejandro doesn't mind the pun.
- Pyrrhic Victory: In the Canadian ending of World Tour (although he lost to Heather in the United States and Australia).
- The Rival: To Heather and Duncan.
- Romantic False Lead: To Geoff/Bridgette, Tyler/Lindsay, and Harold/Leshawna
- Subverted with Duncan/Courtney. Duncan was working with Alejandro to trick Courtney to get rid of her.
- Shirtless Scene: A few times, one of which was lampshaded by Duncan in "Sweden Sour."
- Soul Patch Of Evil
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Aside from the usual suspects of Heather and Duncan, he is one the most focused-on contestants in World Tour.
- Token Evil Teammate
- Villainous Breakdown: He really doesn't like being called Al. And it all comes to a head in the finale; it's revealed his deep hatred for being called Al is all related to the fact that his older brother bullies him. Of course, after finding this out, Cody uses it to torment him.
- Villain Song: "This Is How We Will End It."
- Worthy Opponent: Gained a level of respect for Heather after he was Out-Gambitted.
- Weaksauce Weakness: His weak stomach when eating foods that are disgusting or unhealthy.
"Do you have any idea how many millions of fans there are out there? I've been watching, blogging, PVRing you since the first episode! I, I mean, we, have fan sites about each and every one of you. We know everything about you, and we are rooting for you! We know your eating habits, your hopes, your fears...YOUR DENTAL RECORDS!"
Cody: "She's like the stalker girlfriend I always thought I wanted, until I got one!"
Voiced by: Annick Obonsawin
Sierra is the Total Drama series' biggest fan…really she is. Other people say they are the biggest Total Drama fan, but they have nothing on her.
Unlike these "fans", Sierra is a third-generation Chris McLean scholar and her mom made their guestroom the "Chris McLean Museum", so her love for Total Drama started before the show even began. Once Total Drama Island did start, Sierra was hooked. She has at least a blog and fan site for Chris, Chef and the 22 original campers. Thanks to a source close to her, Sierra has tons of info on everybody, ranging from public and embarrassing to personal and private.
Her favorite contestant is Cody, the only person that she knows more than Chris. Sierra has dreams, photos and 30 fan pages of the little guy. She dreams of the day that they will be married and have many little Codys.
After auditioning for Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action and not making the cut both times, being part of Total Drama World Tour is a dream come true. With her ability to retain every single fact, figure, elimination and relationship status of very single Total Drama player, she could go all the way and win the million. The best part is that now she can spend time with her Cody-kins.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Cody, although she's fairly physically attractive.
- Action Girl: Have you seen how hard she can kick ass?
- Ambiguously Brown
- She mentions in one of the episodes that her grandparents are German, so she most likely has one white parent and one black parent.
- Remember that "Sierra" is a Hispanic name. It means "hacksaw".
- Anti-Hero: Type I
- Ascended Fangirl
- Ax Crazy: A situational case, as Heather discovered after Sierra won a drill in a challenge and had been fooled by Alejandro into thinking that Heather had stolen Cody.
- Bare Your Midriff: Geoff even signed it.
- Berserk Button: Harm Cody and you're a dead man. Or bear. Or shark.
- Or as Courtney found out, don't badmouth him either.
"RESPECT MY CODY!"
- The Big Guy: On Team Amazon.
- Big Name Fan: In-universe.
- Black Comedy Rape: It isn't shown happening, but it's strongly hinted that this was her intention by her face as she pushes a pressure point on Cody's foot that she stated would temporarily paralyze his body.
- Die for Our Ship: From the moment her existence became known to the public. In-universe, this is her attitude towards Gwen, at least when it becomes clear that Cody isn't going to stop pining for her as long as she's still around.
- Chekhov's Skill: Her basket weaving skills first appear as a New Powers as the Plot Demands in the second episode of the third season, but she get a surprising amount of use from them.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Calling for a Group Hug then telling Gwen, Courtney and Heather to back off while she's glomping Cody.
- Cloudcuckoolander: A stand-out example. From using an old pizza box and a live mouse to update her blog (and it's unclear if it actually WORKED or if it all in her head), to 'marrying' Cody in a challenge and spending nearly the remainder of the season believing it was legal, it's considerably rare for Sierra to demonstrate actual functioning logic. (When Cody digs out spare parts and he decides to use them to make a hot air balloon, she ties the belt around her head. No answer is given as to why she thought it was a good idea.)
- Cody Centered Morality
- Fan Dumb: Sadly, she's a pretty accurate in-universe depiction of an extreme Total Drama fan. A bit more justified in Sierra's case though, as Cody, and the rest of the cast, are actual people in the Total Drama universe.
- Fan Girl
- Flanderization: Sierra first appeared as a Promoted Fangirl prior to her Ascended Fangirl status on Total Drama World Tour. After she joined the cast, she became a full-blown Yandere with stalker tendencies and deeply personal knowledge so extensive it scared Chris. While this lessens a bit through Character Development near the end of World Tour, it's all due to the Rule of Funny.
- Gamer Girl: Her Third Life Avatar is a Druid warrior elf with level 35 sword skills and level 62 massage.
- Genki Girl: Outside of her obsessiveness and overly-affectionate attitude, her defining characteristic is her enthusiasm and energy.
- Genre Savvy: She's watched every episode of Total Drama like, FIFTEEN TIMES!, so she knows what she's talking about.
- The Glomp: Did this to Blaineley in the Manhunt special and a whole lot to Cody in World Tour.
- Gratuitous French: "I love Paris in the springtime! Je t'aime Paris in the fall!"
- Handicapped Badass: Her temporary stint in a wheelchair did not stop her from defending Cody from a shark.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Sparks from the candles of the birthday cake she makes for Cody causes an explosion that destroys the World Tour Plane. Chris freaks out and promptly kicks her off the show while in the midst of a Villainous Breakdown.
- Huge Schoolgirl: More like a huge high school girl, but she is the tallest female contestant and just behind Leshawna and Sadie for the widest. She's even taller than 6 foot Alejandro, and only Owen, Geoff and DJ are taller than her.
- Hypocritical Humor: She thinks that girls who fall for Alejandro are "loco" (mainly because she's never seen him on TV before), and she's a satire of how crazy Cody's legion of fangirls can get. Her attitude towards Alejandro might also be attributed to her being very Genre Savvy: she could be seeing him as being Obviously Evil.
- In the Blood: Sierra's mother has the same obsessive tendencies that Sierra herself displays, if to an even greater extent, having converted their guest bedroom into a museum for Chris.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Sierra is putting another notch in her belt every time Heather thinks she's using her. She proceeds to show the audience, and her jeans fall down, revealing pink granny-panties to the whole world. She thinks nothing of it.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: "The cradle will fall, and down...will...come...GWEN!"
- Large Ham: She has her moments, like in "Niagara Brawls" and "African Lying Society".
- Leet Lingo: It becomes less noticeable as the season goes on and her character develops.
- Leitmotif: The "creepy" Background Music tends to play whenever she attempts to get intimate with Cody or mentions any fact about the Total Drama cast.
- Loony Fan: Of Total Drama in general and especially Cody.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Love makes you crazier, to be exact.
- Made of Iron: As part of her powers, Sierra takes an inordinate amount of pain and remains functional enough to compete. She's smashed through a canyon and caused Efficient Displacement, taken a cannonball to the stomach and while she said that she would need surgery she was nonetheless active in the rest episode and was unharmed in future episodes. The only lasting damage was when she accidentally blew up Chris' plane. Despite being at the epicenter of the explosion and apparently being trapped under the wreckage, the damage only causes her hair to burned off and damage to her scalp, ankles, wrists that prevented her from standing up or being carried. Once she's in a wheelchair, she's fine. And even so, she still charges into shark-infested waters to save Cody.
- Mad Love
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: In their less Abhorrent Admirer moments, and as the season draw to the close, she becomes one around Cody.
- Marshmallow Hell: Owing to Sierra being much bigger than Cody, her frequent glomps cause this, startin in the first episode and going on from there.
- Multicolored Hair
- Nightmare Fetishist
- No Sense of Personal Space: Cody does not like having his feet touched. Sierra is utterly oblivious to this.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: A fan who's watched the show back and forth like her isn't falling for Heather's usual pawn tactics, though she certainly doesn't let it on outside of the confessional.
- Though it may explain how she made it all the way to the final four, no one but Cody ever wanted to vote her off.
- Odd Friendship: With Cody near the end of the third season. It helps that she stops referring to him as her husband.
- With Heather, to an extent, though she was usually trying to use Sierra (a fact that Sierra realized).
- One Head Taller: Than Cody, which automatically leads to Marshmallow Hell.
- Parody Sue: Many people have said that she looks like an OC from a Self-Insert Fic, particularly given her Common Mary Sue Traits.
- Promoted Fangirl: For the Celebrity Manhunt red carpet interviews. As far as Total Drama goes, she's closer to an Ascended Fangirl.
- Rapunzel Hair: At least until it's all burned off when she accidentally blew up the Total Drama Jumbo Jet.
- Sexual Karma: One could say she's this for Cody.
- Shallow Love Interest: Her only role in the show is to show how Cody would interact with one of his fangirls. It doesn't paint a pretty picture.
- Shipper on Deck: To Gwen/Duncan, sort of; she seems to support the idea of them together (probably at least in part because it's a good Ship Mate for her and Cody), but when they actually hook up she joins most of the others in denouncing them for going behind Courtney's back.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Guess who.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: But of course!
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Aside from the usual suspects of Heather and Duncan, she is one the most focused-on contestants in World Tour.
- Squee: An annoying one at that.
- Stalking Is Funny If It Is Female After Male: Especially if you go by the fans, many of whom argue that it's fine that Sierra stalks Cody because Cody "stalks" Gwen. Because a guy repeatedly asking a girl out on a date when she doesn't like him is totally equivalent to a girl paralyzing a guy to force him to spend time with her.
- Stalking Is Love
- Stalker with a Crush: To Cody
- Strange Girl
- Straw Fan
- Suck Out the Poison: A scene from "The Am-AH-Zon Race" used to provide the trope's page image.
- Take That: Against Cody's fangirls and, to a lesser extent, the entire Total Drama fandom.
- Too Dumb to Live: Not just due to her sheer obliviousness, but who in their right mind holds sparklers over an oil spill!?
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: To Cody (despite not being in an official relationship with him).
- What Could Have Been: Downplayed. Promotional material before the airing of Total Drama World Tour stated that her name was Kathie.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Faked being a mopey heart-broken wreck so Cody would notice her and called it "playing hard to get."
- Yandere: If taken seriously, Sierra's behavior towards Cody could well be genuinely frightening at times. Aside from Cody's own opinion, this show doesn't take it very seriously at all.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair