|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Total Drama Island's cast got so big that the page had to be split into several pages. This page is for the season 4 contestants in the Mutant Maggots team.
- The Host and His Sidekick
- Killer Bass
- Screaming Gophers
- New World Tour Contestants
- Toxic Rats
"Sure I want to win a million dollars, but not at the expense of my looks! I mean check me out, perfect hair, perfect tan, all this is worth a billion, easy."
Voiced by: Athena Karkanis
Anne Maria is style-obsessed teen with a fake tan and hair that's strong as steel.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: She is immediately attracted to Mike's bad boy personality, Vito.
- Ambiguously Brown: It's hard to tell if she is intended to be Italian Canadian or Hispanic Canadian.
- Anime Hair: It's long, it's thick, it may be a deep purple and due to consistent applying of hairspray, it constantly stays up, and it's almost indestructible.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Berserk Button: Don't insult her looks, take away her styling products, or touch her hair.
- Betty and Veronica: Veronica to Zoey's Betty with Mike as Archie, though Anne Maria is attracted to Vito, Mike's Italian tough guy personality, not his actual one.
- Book Dumb: She admits that she's no algebra expert in "Finders Creepers".
- Brainless Beauty: Brainless? Yes. Beauty? In her (and Vito's) opinion, at least.
- Detached Sleeves
- Gainaxing: Though it's very subtle.
- Gold Digger: She was only attracted to Ezekiel because he had given her a giant diamond (which turned out to be fake).
- Hammerspace Hair
Zoey: (referring to Anne Maria's hair brush and hair dryer) Hey! How'd you sneak that in?
Anne Maria: Easy! I stuck it in my poof! (pulls out a can of hairspray)
- Hair Color Dissonance
- Hair-Trigger Temper: (Pun not intended) She tends to get angered quickly, especially if any her aforementioned Berserk Buttons are pressed. She also tends to threaten to beat down whomever made her mad.
- Improbable Weapon User:
- She used her spray-tan against Dakota and Staci.
- Her hair is thick and solid from all the primping and hairspray that solid objects just bounce off of it; Brick and Zoey use her hair as a shield during the snow fort fight in "Ice, Ice, Baby."
- The Load: She's more interested in maintaining her appearance than actually trying to win the challenge for her team.
- Sometimes averted. She's surprisingly strong and determined when angered, and her short temper makes her easy to anger. Her practically invulnerable hair also proves useful at times.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Snooki? Is that you?
- Nobody Touches the Hair
- Non Gameplay Elimination
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: She immediately quits the competition when she gets a hold of a giant diamond. Too bad it was fake.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: Orange-tanned skin, blue eyeliner, pink lipstick... it's there alright.
"I may be the strongest player here, but I'm all about the teamwork. Back in cadet camp, I took the teamwork medal three years running"
Voiced by: Jon Cor
Brick is a respectful military cadet who has been trained as a soldier and therefore thinks he's got a big chance at winning the competition. He strongly believes in teamwork and never leaving a man behind.
Brick: (covering up his pee stain) It was wet down there, and I landed on my crotch!
- Butt Monkey: Almost to the point of being The Chew Toy.
- Gentle Giant
- Honor Before Reason: He volunteers to take the Hurl of Shame after his team lost in "Finders Creepers".
- Leitmotif: A military drum beat.
- Lovable Jock
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy / Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Feminine Boy / Blue Oni to Jo's Masculine Girl / Red Oni. Both are depicted as tough; however, Brick has a more sensitive side, whereas Jo is more aggressive.
- Metaphorgotten: He messes up the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" saying.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Justified that he'd have this instinct since he is a cadet. When the other Maggots are captured by the spider, Jo tells him to ignore it for once, finish, and come in first, winning the challenge in "Finders Creepers." He does make it to the end first, but it turns out that the team with the most members across wins, so if he had ignored Jo and followed his instinct to rescue his teammates, the Maggots would've won.
- This trait ironically gets him eliminated three episodes later when he chooses to rescue the other team from danger instead of winning the challenge.
- Officer and a Gentleman
- Real Men Wear Pink: In a confessional, he says that he's received medals for "Bed-Making" and "Letters Home to Mom". After Cameron shares the prize money with his fellow contestants, Brick reveals that he plans to go to fashion school.
- The Rival: To Jo.
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: He tries to act as the Manly Man, but he really comes off as the Sensitive Guy.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of DJ. While he is just as sensitive as DJ, Brick is not as dependent on his mother.
- Team Dad: He tries to act as one, but Jo maintains near-total control of their team.
- Why Did It Have To Be The Dark
- Younger Than They Look: Despite being a teenager, he could pass off as a soldier in his mid-to-late 20s.
"Fresh air, a real lake, birds!"
Voiced by: Kevin Duhaney
Cameron is a nerd who does not go out too much due to his mother being overprotective.
- Badass Bookworm
- Black and Nerdy
- Bubble Boy
- Butt Monkey
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's not Book Dumb, but he's certainly not Street Smart either. Let's just say...watch his performance.
- Dork Knight
- Expy: Of Steve Urkel
- Fan Nickname: His battle suit from the finale earned him the nickname "Iron Cam".
- Freaky Is Cool: He finds Mike's multiple personalities and Dakota's mutation fascinating.
- Friend to All Living Things: Subverted at first, where he is essentially terrified of everything on the island. Later plays it straight, as he shares the winning $1 Million with the entire cast.
- Genre Savvy: He figures that as long as he "stays invisible", appears weak, and allies with tough opponents like Jo, other strong competitors like Lightning, Scott, and Jo will pick each other off before him. Given that this strategy has worked numerous times in game shows like these...
- Hey, It's That Voice!: He is voiced by the Blue Dino Thunder Ranger.
- I Want My Bubble: He cries this as he is mercilessly beaten down by a giant mutant beetle in "Ice, Ice Baby".
- The Load: Jo views him as this, calling him the team's "most expendable player" in "Finders Creepers".
Jo: (after Cam vomits after running to Mt. Looming Tragedy) If we were hamsters, I would've eaten you by now.
- My Beloved Smother: One reason he is a Bubble Boy.
- Nice Guy: He shares the $1 million cash prize with the entire cast. Even enemies like Lightning and Scott.
- Oh Crap: His reaction in "The Enchanted Franken-Forest" when he realizes that Lightning eliminated Zoey instead of him just so the jock could have his vengeance on him.
- Older Than They Look: Despite being 16, he looks like a pre-teen, most likely a side effect of being a bubble boy.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Zigzagged, see Power Creep, Power Seep below.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: In his audition tape and in "Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!", he falls over from the weight of a butterfly landing on his head, but in "Finders Creepers", he is strong enough to break out of the cocoon he was trapped in and defeat the giant spider with a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Race Lift: His prototype design had him as a white guy, but changed him to black instead.
- Secret Secret Keeper: In the episode "Ice, Ice Baby", he figures out that Mike has multiple personality disorder. Later, in "A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste", Cameron agrees to help Mike with his condition after forming an alliance to take down Scott.
- Shorter Means Smarter: He is one the most book smart contestants in the series.
- Techno Wizard: In the finale, he built a working Iron Man suit from a pile of scraps. The kid qualifies.
- Teens Are Short: One of the few contestants to play it straight.
- Took a Level In Badass: In the episode "Finders Creepers", he confesses to having arachnophobia, and even the tiniest spiders frighten him. Later, when he and various other players are trapped in a web by a giant spider, he breaks out of his web cocoon in a surge of adrenaline and beats the crap out of the giant spider. It turns out it was actually Izzy in disguise, but it still cured Cameron of his phobia, although he is now afraid of Izzy.
- The Dog Bites Back: Got Jo back good in "Up, Up, and Away in My Pitiful Balloon." After she has been taking advantage of his tech savvy and strong-arming him into an "alliance", Cam rigs the fog machine that he won to explode when Jo uses it, setting fire to the balloon he made for her and literally dropping her from the competition.
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders: He overcomes it; see Took a Level In Badass above.
- Worthy Opponent: Jo is at first very angry when Cameron backstabs her. When Cameron says he "learned from the best" and referred to her, Jo cut him some slack.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: He manages to pull one to JO.
"You will choose me for Total Drama Revenge of the Island, because I am the best, the strongest, the smartest, and by extension, the meanest."
Voiced by: Laurie Elliott
Jo is the resident tough girl of the new cast.
- Action Girl: That should really go without saying.
- Anti-Hero: Type IV
- Batman Gambit: She relies on these to get ahead.
- In "Ice Ice Baby", she exploits Anne Maria's short temper regarding her appearance to make her participate in the challenge.
- She often exploits Brick's military background and his sense of chivalry.
- When she switches teams, she often exploits Lightning's competitive spirit.
- She ironically falls victim to one when Cameron rigs the fog machine he won with an explosive, knowing that Jo would scam it from him.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Brawn Hilda: She evidently looks so masculine that Lightning can't tell she's female. Played for Laughs; since it's highly obvious to the audience she's female. She does actually sound rather masculine, though.
- Cosmetic Catastrophe: She gets a Joker-equse makeover no thanks to Mike (as Chester) in "Runaway Model".
- Expy: Of Sue Sylvester from Glee.
- Informed Attribute: Her proposed ugliness (when she works out in the nude and scares away all the animals) and the fact that Lightning mistakes her for a boy. One of the few examples in which this is Played for Laughs, however.
- Jerk Jock
- Karmic Elimination: In the episode where she's eliminated, she pretty much treats Cameron like complete garbage. Conveniently, guess who sends her right out, instead of Scott? She even admitted that he was a Worthy Opponent after that.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy / Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Masculine Girl / Red Oni to Brick's Feminine Boy / Blue Oni. Both are depicted as tough; Brick has a more sensitive side, whereas Jo is more aggressive.
- Modesty Towel: She wears one in a confessional.
Jo: Now that I have the girls cabin for myself, I can practice like the first Olympic athletes...Naked!
- The Nicknamer: She has called Brick "G. I. Joke" and "Brick-for-brains", Mike "Pointy", Zoey "Red", Cameron "String bean", and has several names for Anne Maria including "Poofhead", "Sprayhead", "Tan job" and "Helmethead".
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: During the mine challenge, she confesses that she never kissed a guy.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: A little birdie vomits when it sees Jo's nude workout session in "A Mine Is a Terrible Thing to Waste".
- Pragmatic Villainy: She runs a tight shift as the Maggots' leader, makes it perfectly clear she's tough, mean, and in it to win, and can be quite critical. However, she's not above praising her teammates when they win a challenge.
- The Rival: To Brick and Lightning.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Of Eva, although she has far more personality and the anger is toned down.
- Tomboy: She dislikes anything even remotely girly.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Tomboy to Zoey's Girly Girl.
- Tomboyish Name: A reason for Lightning believing that she is a guy.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Tells Brick to ignore his "no man left behind" instinct when she and the other Maggots are caught by the "spider" and finish the challenge in "Finders Creepers", figuring him making it to the end first will win the challenge. He does make it first before the Rats' Sam and Scott, but it turns out that the team with the most members at the end wins it.
- Younger Than They Look: Her boyish appearance makes her look older than a typical teen girl.
I just hope my condition doesn't ruin everything like it did before.
Voiced by: Cory Doran
Mike is one messed-up teen who has, you guessed it, multiple personality disorder that comes up at random every time.
- Ambiguously Brown: Though as Vito he refers to his "tanned body", meaning he might be a deeply tanned Caucasian, like Katie.
- Anime Hair: It's almost as long as his head.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: He wages one against his other personalities in "Grand Chef Auto". And wins.
- Blackmail: Falls victim to it, courtesy of Scott. Scott forces Mike to help him in "Grand Chef Auto" after learning about Mike's disorder, threatening to tell Zoey if he doesn't.
- Expy / Hey, It's That Voice! - He's similar to a brown-skinned and black-haired Jimmy Two-Shoes, and both are voiced by Cory Doran. His prototype design enforces the expy more, down to the hairstyle and outfit.
- Fan Nickname: He's called Mike "Two-Shoes" by the Jimmy Two-Shoes fans.
- Fish Eyes: He always gets them right before one of his multiple personalities activates.
- Five-Man Band: His personalities make up a rather dysfunctional one:
- The Hero: Mike's normal self.
- The Lancer: Manitoba Smith; since he's a tough wilderness adventurer and the most resourceful of the group.
- The Big Guy: Vito; since he's basically Dumb Muscle and he causes the most problems for Mike, especially with his relationship with Zoey.
- The Smart Guy: Chester; since he's a complainer.
- The Chick: Svetlana; since she's Mike's only female persona.
- Token Evil Teammate: Mal; Mike's evil alternate persona who serves as the Big Bad of Total Drama: All Stars.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: He believes that his multiple personality disorder will ruin his chances with Zoey. However, when he admits his condition to Zoey after overcoming it, she accepts him for who he is.
- Last-Second Word Swap: He almost reveals his condition to Jo in "Ice, Ice Baby".
Jo: (as the Maggots' fort is melting) Mike, do your Svetlana thing and get on the catapult.
Mike: (nervously) I, I, oh, I cant! My personality...ah, I mean, my impressions are, uh, hard to, um...
- Love Triangle: He and Zoey both seem to like each other, but Anne Maria is attracted to his alternate personality Vito, who likes her back. Sort of like a Three-Person Love Quadrilateral, but involving a Split Personality instead of a Secret Identity.
- Nice Hat: When he dons a fedora in "A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste", it reveals his fifth personality, the adventurous Manitoba Smith.
- The Power of Love: He only manages to defeat his personalities thanks to Zoey's encouragement.
- Race Lift: He was pale and blonde in his prototype design, but was later changed (see above).
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Mike is both.
- Amongst the Mutant Maggots, he is the Manly Man to Cameron's and Brick's Sensitive Guys.
- Amongst his personalities, his normal personality is the Sensitive Guy with Vito & Manitoba Smith as the Manly Men.
- Ship Tease: With Zoey when he's himself and with Anne Maria when he's Vito.
- Split Personality: His personalities are triggered through certain events:
- Nice Guy: Normal Mike, he usually reverts back to his regular self whenever Zoey is in danger.
- Grumpy Old Man: Chester, whenever Mike is frustrated about something. Reverts back when he's no longer frustrated.
- Ruritania / Brawn Hilda: Svetlana, whenever Mike is put into an acrobatically-challenging environment. Reverts back when he's no longer acrobatically challenged.
- Jerkass / Joisey: Vito, whenever Mike's chest is bare, even partially. Reverts back if Vito's chest is covered.
- Awesome Aussie: Manitoba Smith, whenever Mike puts on a fedora. Reverts back if Manitoba Smith's hat is removed.
- Talking in Your Sleep: With his personalities in "Truth or Laser Shark" and "Backstabbers, Ahoy!"
"Wow, I can't believe I'm in the Total Drama confessional, it's so exciting. Everyone seems so nice. I hope they all like me, I could use a few more friends, or friends period. Oh, what if they hate me? Maybe this flower is too big. Am I trying to hard? You like me, right?"
Voiced by: Barbara Mamabolo
Zoey is a nice girl who wants to be friends with everyone, since she has none back home.
- Action Girl / Xenafication: Early on, she is more of a Distressed Damsel; however, she becomes a full-on Action Girl after Mike is eliminated.
- The Archer: During her Heroic Safe Mode rampage.
- Ascended Fangirl: In the first episode, she states that she is stoked to be on Total Drama, having watched the show since its inception. Later, she was initially excited to meet Heather; however, the excitement died when Heather called Zoey a loser.
- Badass Adorable / Badass Damsel: In "Truth or Laser Shark", a pair of mutant beavers were about to eat her and she kicked them both in the groin. She apologizes to them while saying she did warn them to stop. Later, in "Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon", she manages to tame the mutant flying mountain goats to do her bidding.
- Bare Your Midriff
- The Beastmistress: She commandeers a trio of flying mountain goats to attack Scott in "Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon".
- Betty and Veronica: Betty to Anne Maria's Veronica. Mike, the Archie, prefers Zoey over Anne Maria when his normal personality has control.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Taken Up to Eleven in "Eat, Puke, and Be Wary". See Cute and Psycho below.
Chef Hatchet: I may have pushed her too far.
- Break the Cutie: Zigzagged, but ultimately played straight. In "Eat, Puke, and Be Wary", she is fed up Scott's evil ways and the competition as a whole. The straw which broke the camel's back was when Mike's medallion broke after she was shot by Chef Hatchet with a "spaghetti cannon". Instead of breaking down, she goes into a Heroic Safe Mode rampage. Unfortunately, said rampage causes a near Face Heel Turn in the following episode.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Mike. This is the reason why she and Anne Maria had a conflict.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Cute and Psycho: During her Heroic Safe Mode rampage in "Eat, Puke and Be Wary". She hunts down Chef Hatchet via an elaborate array of traps and puts Scott in a full body cast because of said traps.
- The Cutie
- Development Gag: Pieces of Zoey's final design were taken from Dawn (bracelets and earrings) and Dakota's (hair color, outfit color scheme, and flower in her hair) prototype designs while pieces of Zoey's own prototype design were used in the final designs for Anne Maria (top) and Staci (hair bow and ponytail).
- Distressed Damsel: Lampshaded in "Grand Chef Auto". She becomes more of an Action Girl after the merge especially after Mike's elimination.
Zoey: I don't even know how many times Mike's saved my butt. Mike, if you're watching this, me and my butt thank you.
- Face Heel Turn: Played with. While she does not actually turn evil, she does experience major Sanity Slippage during "Eat, Puke and Be Wary" and is Not Herself in "The Enchanted Franken-Forest", making it seem like a FHT to Cameron.
- Fan Nickname: After Taking A Level In Badass, she is called by many Zoebo since her headband is reminiscent of Rambo.
- Fiery Redhead: Normally, she is a level-headed person; however, she can get violent when provoked.
- First Girl Wins: Almost averted. In "Grand Chef Auto", Zoey was ready to break off their relationship because Mike was helping Scott and abandoning her during the challenge, not knowing that Mike was being blackmailed by Scott; however, when Mike overcomes his multiple personalities and admits it to Zoey, she accepts him for who he is and their relationship starts in earnest.
- Flower in Her Hair
- Freaky Is Cool: She admits that she likes oddballs, especially after Mike admitted his MPD to her.
- Friendless Background
- Girlish Pigtails: The non-girly variation.
- Glomp: Does this to Mike and Cameron in "A Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste" when she sees that they survived the fall from the mine tracks.
- Hipster: Her label and audition video may suggest hints of this. She states that she wanted to "go to indie theaters, and wear retro clothes and horn-rimmed glasses."
- Her prototype design wears horn-rimmed glasses and a retro-style outfit with high-waist short shorts and a frilly top.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: See the quote at the top of the section.
- MacGyvering: She makes an improvised slingshot out of a dinner fork in "The Enchanted Franken-Forest".
- Madness Makeover: When she dons war paint and makes a bandanna out of the bottom half of her tube top in "Eat, Puke, and Be Wary".
- Not Herself: During "Eat, Puke and Be Wary" and "The Enchanted Franken-Forest".
- Only Sane Woman: Zoey is the most normal out of all the newcomers, at least prior to "Eat, Puke and Be Wary".
- Out-of-Character Moment: Played for laughs, when she sees the million dollar case in "Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon"...
Zoey: (entranced) Money! Removing all common sense and fear of danger.
Scott: Too bad you'll never win it. (Zoey pushes him down) Owww!!
Zoey: (angrily) Just watch me! (reverting back to her usual self) If that's okay with you.
- The Power of Friendship: In "The Enchanted Franken-Forest", she realizes that her friendship with Cameron is far more important and valuable than the prize money, causing her to drop the "commando girl" persona she adopted in the prior episode.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: Okay, three-liner, but it still works. "Hey, Birdbrain! This is for Mike! Goats, FIRE!"
- Red Headed Heroine
- Redhead in Green: Her swimwear.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: Subverted. In "Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon", she was ready to walk out on the challenge; however, Chris reminds her what was at stake, leading to the aforementioned OOC Moment.
- Ship Tease: With Mike
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute:
- It's not apparent at first, but in terms of personality, she brings to mind a less snarky and serious version of season one's Gwen.
- She's a more apparent substitute of Beth, as this infographic points out.
- Team Mom: Acts as one towards Cameron and Dakota.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Jo's Tomboy.
- Took a Level In Badass: See Cute and Psycho above. Unfortunately, she experiences Sanity Slippage in "The Enchanted Franken-Forest" and ends up Taking A Level In Jerkass as well.
- Tsundere: Type B. She is normally a sweet, sensible girl; however, she can get violent when provoked, especially so if said provoker is Scott.