|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Born in 1960, Toshihiko Masuda is one of the major directors at Telecom Animation Film, he went to Telecom in 1980 as a in-between animator and became a director in 1983 taking over Hayao Miyazaki's unit after he left to go work at Topcraft to do Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Masuda is knowed for being wacky and crazy in his works (but he still does straight forward stuff) and is the one who set the style in Telecom's Western Productions in the 80's and especially in the 90's.
Productions worked on by Toshihiko Masuda:
- Ulysses 31: First known production that Masuda worked on, worked on the pilot; In-Betweener.
- The New Adventures Of Zorro: In-Betweener.
- Inspector Gadget: First production as a some type of director; Animation Director for Coo Coo Clock Caper.
- The Littles: Episode Animation Directer.
- Sherlock Hound: Post Miyazaki, In-Betweener.
- Mighty Orbots: Episode Director.
- The Real Ghostbusters: Animation Director for the 1984 pilot.
- The Wuzzles: Chief Telecom Director and Episode Animation Director.
- Adventures of the Gummi Bears: Chief Telecom Director and Episode Animation Director.
- Galaxy High: Key Animation.
- Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: Key Animation.
- DuckTales: Chief Telecom Director and Episode Animation Director.
- Lupin III The Fuma Conspiracy: Key Animation.
- Bionic Six: Episode Director; Notably Episode 65.
- The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: Chief Telecom Director and Episode Animation Director.
- Akira: Key Animation.
- Little Nemo: Directing Animator.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers: Chief Telecom Director and Episode Animation Director.
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Chief Telecom Director, Storyboard, Timing and Lay Out Revisionist, Character and BG Key Design and Episode Animation Director; Notably the opening, Tiny Toons Music Television, parts of Tiny Toon Adventures How I Spent My Vacation and Take Elmyra Please.
- Ozanari Dungeon: Director for OVA 1.
- Peter Pan and The Pirates: Episode Animation Director.
- Batman the Animated Series: Storyboards (Revisionist for the 1st show, full on board artist for the 2nd), Character and BG Key Design (BG Key Design only for the 2nd show), Lay Out Revisionist (for the 1st show) and Animation Director (notably for Fear Of Victory and the cut scenes to the Sega CD version of The Adventures Of Batman and Robin).
- Animaniacs: Chief Telecom Director, Storyboard, Timing and Lay Out Revisionist, Character (notably for Mr. Director) and BG Key Design and Episode Animation Director.
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog: Animation Director; Notably on the opening and Quest For The Chaos Emeralds part 4.
- 2 Disk Station shorts: 1 Puyo Puyo Based (the one when Rulue has the hots for Minotauros but it turns out it was just a dream) and one thats not Puyo based.
- Lupin III Farewell To Nostradamus: Assistant Animation Director.
- The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries: Chief Telecom Director.
- Astal: Telecom Director.
- A Pinky and The Brain Christmas: Head Animation Director (he is listed as a director and under the name Toshiko Masuda, but the special's real director is Rusty Mills).
- Superman the Animated Series: Animation Production Supervisor for 2 episodes, Episode Director for 2 episodes and all 3 parts to World's Finest, Storyboards, BG Key Design and Key Animation.
- An American Tail: The Treasure Of Manhattan Island: Key Animation.
- Cybersix: Chief Telecom Director, Storyboards and Episode Director.
Note: Because of other studios outsouceing large amounts of work to Telecom by this time (and even as of now) to be handled by a lot of their staff (Masuda included), so not everything will be listed.
- Dance Dance Revolution-Disney Dancing Museum: Key Animation.
- Inu Yasha: Key Animation.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: Director.
- Patapata Hikousen No Bouken: Storyboards
- Pita-Ten: Storyboards.
- Sonic X: Storyboards.
- Mankatsu: Character Design.
- Mujin Wakusei Survive: Storyboards.
- Pokémon:Lucario And The Mystery Of Mystery Of Mew: Key Animation.
- Flag: Storyboards.
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Key Animation.
- Ramen Fighter Miki: Storyboards.
- Pururun Shizuku Chan: Character Design and Animation Director (Character Design only in series 2)
- Red Garden: Animation Direction.
- Live On Card Live R Kakeru: Character Design Animation Director and Key Animation.
- Piano No Mori: Storyboards.
- Lupin III Elusiveness Of The Fog: Director and Storyboards.
- Noramimi: Storyboards (both shows).
- The Daughter of Twenty Faces: Key Animation.
- Love To Live By (Music Video): Director.
- Green Lantern First Flight: Storyboard Revisionist, Character and BG Design and Key Animation.
- Ponyo: Key Animation.
- Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri (first series): Director for both openings (plus their retakes), also did some retakes for the first ending (lead by Kenji Hachizaki).
- Cartoon Style Fighting Kids/It's Tropical (Live Action X Animation cross bread; Also A Music Video): Animation Director.
- Batman: Under the Red Hood: Key Animation.
- Cardfight Vanguard: Key Animation for the 2th opening.
- Tantei Opera Milky Holmes: Storyboards.
- You Are Umasou: Animation Director.
- Thundercats 2011: Key Animation.