The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Took A Level In Badass: An otherwise average character suddenly becomes a lot more powerful.
- Straight: Bob goes from being an average hero into being a kickass superhero who can beat up bad guys easily.
- Exaggerated: Bob goes from being the weakest pansy one could possibly come across, to being able to crush Cthulhu with a blink of an eye.
- Justified: Bob went to a ninja academy which taught him loads of badass skills.
- Inverted: Bob undergoes Badass Decay.
- Subverted: We think Bob is beating people up, but the people he beats up are even more pathetic than the original Bob.
- Double Subverted: He then promptly goes and beats up a whole bunch of insanely tough bad guys.
- Parodied: Bob used to be a nerd, complete with a geek physique. He retains this appearance, and yet is able to beat people up like a One-Man Army.
- Deconstructed: In an effort to become more badass, Bob goes through Training From Hell to make himself stronger. The torment he undergoes destroys his psyche, which is only revealed later, at a pivotal point in the story.
- Reconstructed: Bob willingly subjects himself to Training From Hell to become strong enough to save his beloved Alice. When all is said and done, he decides it was Worth It.
- Zig Zagged: Bob appears to be extra badass, but by beating up kittens. Then he takes on some real enemies...and loses. But then we discover he was holding back his power all along!
- Averted: All characters stay at about the same Badass level throughout the story.
- Enforced: "This Bob character is a bit pathetic. Let's spice him up and improve the ratings by adding a few fight scenes!"
- Lampshaded: "My God, Bob, you used to be pathetic, but you've gotten good at fighting all of a sudden!"
- Invoked: Bob's mentor sends him to a ninja school in order to make him a better fighter.
- Defied: Bob is happy to remain using his intellect to fight battles, and refuses to work out or learn new skills.
- Discussed: "Oh, look, the Big Bad is coming - guess Bob is going to show him he's not what he used to be."
- Conversed: "That Bob is a hell of a lot tougher than he was last episode..."
Oof! You aren't the same wimp you were two seasons ago...I take it you Took a Level In Badass during the break?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.