The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Life is what happens when Mom kicks you out
A comic about an old house, a geek, a cute transvestite, a tall lesbian, and at least one ghost. Found here Occasionally NSFW.
- Alleged Car: Ace's van, Old Faithful.
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles: Played with here
- Bachelor Auction: Ace and Carly are conned into participating in one early on.
- Badass Grandpa: Grampy
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Lampshaded
- Batman Gambit: Done by the Devil himself, when Pixie's ex, Steve, nearly dies in a fire.
- Betty and Veronica: Maddie and Jaz
- Bishounen: Carly says this is the reason women find him attractive even though he's gay.
- Blind Date: Ace after the Bachelor Auction above.
- Butch Lesbian: Rocky, whose real name is Roxanne.
- Cool Old Guy: Grampy
- Cute Ghost Girl: Spookie
- Did Not Do the Research: Very rarely and usually excusable. Any mistakes are usually fixed pretty quickly (such as the name of the first female Prime Minister of Korea.) Obaki normally shows his work
- Disappeared Dad: Ace's Father
- Dropped a Bridget On Him: Even though there was no romantic involvement, this happens when Ace finds out that Carly is actually Carl Lee.
- Fair Cop:
- Forgotten First Meeting: The latest addition to Ace's Unwanted Harem is a very tall Ainu girl who ran away from home because she was always being mocked for her size, determined to find the only boy who'd ever called her pretty - a young Gaijin boy she'd found lost back in Hokkaido, and helped to find a police-box. Cue the revelation that Ace had gotten lost during a trip to Hokkaido with his mom when he was a kid, and had been helped by a pretty redhead...
- Godiva Hair: Cleopatra
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Spookie and Cleopatra to Ace.
- Haunted Headquarters: The house the main cast lives in practically attracts ghosts.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: Ace with...everyone. See Unwanted Harem belowm.
- I See Dead People: Ace is able to see ghosts. Jaz and some others are able to sense them, but not as strongly.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Rosa
- She's still pretty good looking.
- Incompatible Orientation: Rocky and Carly used to date. It's implied that this is the reason it didn't work out. Luna still hasn't given up on Carly either, despite the fact that he's a gay transvestite.
- Jacob Marley Apparel: Ghosts appear in what they died in. Souls however (there's a difference here) appear naked.
- Lesbian Jock: Rocky
- Magnificent Bastard: Rosa Cartman.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Several times
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Rocky slips in and out of her southern drawl. At least until her grandfather calls her out on it.
- Otaku: Gina is a major anime otaku.
- Retired Badass: Again, Grampy.
- Running Gag: A few
- Ace nearly falling asleep just for a ghost to wake him up.
- Maddie catching Ace in a compromising situation with another girl.
- Seer: Jaz, although she only gets flashes, not full visions.
- Spin-Off: Maddie's Monster
- Spoiled Sweet: Maddie
- Unfinished Business: The reason the ghosts can't move on.
- Unwanted Harem: Ace's is made up of an heiress supermodel, her best friend, a psychic nurse/stripper, a policewoman, a ghost who later becomes an angel, that ghost's great-granddaughter, and his pregnant ex-girlfriend from high school.
- ...and a very tall redheaded japanese girl tied to him with a Red String of Fate worthy of the cheesiest of romantic anime.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Carly
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.