The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character wears an absurd amount of belts.
- Straight: Bob wears four belts as part of his typical outfit.
- Exaggerated: Bob's normal outfit contains belts around his arms, across his chest, a few around each leg, on his shoes...
- One around his head...
- In fact, it's entirely made of belts. Somehow.
- Justified: Bob's outfit is very baggy in several places, and belts are the quickest way for him to solve this.
- Bob's belts have magic effects, store ammunition, or otherwise provide a useful function.
- Bob's belts do all these things, and his people use belts instead of drawstrings.
- In the future, people keep so many gadgets on them, people often wear bandoliers to hold on to them all. People with even more stuff often wear 2.
- Inverted: Bob wears no belts, even though it looks like he needs one.
- Bob wears a sweatshirt through his belt loops. No belt anywhere.
- Subverted: Bob prepares to get dressed in his battle outfit, with four belts... but it turns out that three of them are actually parts of other outfits accidentally stored with it.
- Double Subverted: ...But Bob wears all four belts anyway.
- Parodied: Bob's outfit consists of nothing but many, many belts due to his effort to seem "stylish", and he trips on one whenever he tries to move.
- Deconstructed: Bob's ability in combat is hampered by the many oddly-placed belts he wore for fashion, and he takes serious damage because of it.
- Reconstructed: Even though he wears several belts, Bob makes sure to put them in places where they won't restrict his movement or combat ability.
- Zig Zagged: The number of belts on Bob's outfit changes every scene.
- Averted: Bob's outfit has one belt, and it's just to hold up his pants.
- Enforced: "This character's outfit looks boring! Come on, just throw in a few belts."
- Lampshaded: "Are you sure you need that many belts, Bob?"
- Invoked: Bob wants to look stylish, so he buys some extra belts to add to his usual outfit.
- Defied: Bob buys an outfit that comes with quite a few belts, but decides they look ridiculous and discards them, wearing the outfit without them.
- Discussed: "Bob, why do you have that many belts? If anything, they'll probably restrict your movement!" "...So? They look cool!"
- Conversed: Bob puts on his belt and comments that if he was a fictional character, he'd probably be wearing about ten of them.
- Played For Laughs: Bob freaks out when he realizes he's lost one of his belts. He wears so many that nobody knows the difference.
- Played For Drama: There can never be... too many bandoliers.
Back to Too Many Belts
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.