The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Someone does something stupid, and it leads to his/her death or serious injury.
- Straight: Alice kicked a crocodile. The crocodile ate Alice as the result.
- Exaggerated: Alice kicked a T-rex juvenile while its parents are nearby. The results are messy...
- Downplayed: Alice kicked a crocodile. She got injured and ended up in a hospital.
- Justified: Alice believes crocodile to be very slow, as seen in many media. Or is stoned. Or has a dead wish.
- Inverted: Alice stayed away from the crocodile. It ran up to Alice and ate her anyway.
- Subverted: Alice kicked the crocodile while it was still sleeping. It did not move.
- Double Subverted: However, as it slowly wakes up, Alice just stood by, watching it. The crocodile ate Alice.
- Parodied: Alice is an immortal. She kicks the crocodile everyday, and the crocodile ate her. She is then reincarnated afterwards.
- Alice sees a pit filled with spikes, fire, sawblades and angry kittens that has a large neon sign reading "INSTANT DEATH" hanging above it. She turns toward the screen, says "What's the worse that could happen?" and jumps in.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice didn't do anything stupid.
- Enforced: Alice needs to be removed from the show very fast, and Put on a Bus is not an option.
- Lampshaded: "Alice, how have you managed to stay alive so far?"
- Invoked: Cassie dared Alice to kick the crocodile. Alice got eaten afterwards.
- Exploited: Cassie does so to have Bob to herself.
- Defied: Cassie stopped Alice from kicking the crocodile and explained to Alice clearly why it is not a good idea.
- Discussed: "The way Alice behaves around dangerous animals, she won't live very long."
- Conversed: "Alice kicked a crocodile in last week's episode. No prizes awarded for guessing what happens next."
Click on the red 'X' button on the top-right corner of the screen to head back to Too Dumb to Live.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.