|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tomorrow's Pioneers (also known as The Pioneers of Tomorrow) is a Palestinian kids' show made by the Hamas-owned television station Al-Aqsa TV. The show follows a standard kids' show format with Saraa Barhoum as the host and a costumed animal as her co-host as they discussed life in Palestine in talk-show format and perform some skits.
The show is really controversial due to the many ideas it promotes: from anti-semitism, to anti-Americanism, and Islamic-extremism.
- Anyone Can Die: A rare children's show example.
- Author Tract: Of course.
- The Fundamentalist: Everyone.
- Greedy Jew: To the point of killing someone.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Assud the costumed rabbit said that he will kill the Jews and eat them.
- Killed Off for Real: Farfur. As a means of turning children against those the host blames for his murder.
- Assoud was killed during an Israeli attack.
- Nahoul the bumble bee died because the Gaza strip prevented his family passage to Egypt to get an important surgery. He was replaced by Assoud, his brother... who is also a rabbit.
- Meaningful Name: The Mickey Mouse ripoff name is Farfur, which comes from a diminutive of fi'r, which means mouse in Arabic.
- Mockbuster: The animal characters Farfur (Mickey Mouse) and Assud (Bugs Bunny).
- No Sympathy: When Assud is accused of committing a theft, the host announces he must be punished by having his hand cut off. The rabbit begs for mercy from the kids at home to help him, "God No! Please for the love of God!" Viewers that call in to talk then tell him that he deserves this because he committed a crime. Much to the agonizing tears of the rabbit.
- Replacement Goldfish: Every time an animal cohost gets killed off, a new one is brought on. Farfour the mouse, Nahoul the bee, Assoud the rabbit, and the most recent replacement is Nassur the bear.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules: Farfur was offered lots of money to give away the documents and keys to Tel Al-Rabi. He refused, which led to his death.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The costumed mouse is either Farfur or Farfour.
- Wicked Cultured: Farfur once discussed with his young companions how "civilized" and "intellectual" Arab culture was - as if this could be used as a justification for violence.