Tom and Jerry Kids was one of the countless TV revivals of the classic Tom and Jerry shorts.
Airing from 1990 to 1994 on Fox Kids, this new series of shorts was much closer to the tried and true formula of the famous cat and mouse duo than, say, their earlier series, but still had watered-down violence. Also, there were shorts starring Tex Avery's Droopy character and classic Tom and Jerry co-stars Spike and Tyke. Additionally, different, original characters were brought into the show, such as Slowpoke Antonio and Bernie the Swallow, and even got their own separate segments..
Tropes found in Tom and Jerry Kids include
- Chaste Toons: Confusingly averted; Droopy now has a son (named Dripple), yet still goes after attractive ladies.
- Chick Magnet: Droopy; even his son describes him as a "Babe Magnet". In fact he always manages to conquer the beautiful Miss Vavoom on her various incarnations, even at first sight, getting usually kisses that give him explosive reactions.
- Don't Try This At Home: Spoken several times, usually by a human character, just before Tom was about to do something dangerous. One of them involved him splitting in two, and going around a tree from both sides.
- Dreadful Musician: Slowpoke Antonio, to the point where he once literally destroyed the sunset with his bad singing at the end of one of his cartoons.
- Painted Tunnel, Real Train: Spoofed in a Droopy short with a car race, where the villain McWolf takes advantage of Artistic Expression, by having Droopy drive into a sign and shoving said sign off a cliff (the wolf earlier crashed into a painted tunnel).
- Picnic Episode: One Spike and Tyke outing has them try to have a picnic, but they get attacked by army ants that are trying to steal their food.
- Recycled in Space: Several of the shorts, Tom and Jerry or otherwise, had the stage set in a wide variety of settings, such as space, the jungle, even ancient Egypt.
- Spinoff Babies
- Suddenly Voiced: Tyke, courtesy of Patrick Zimmerman.
- Title Theme Tune
- Wild Take: Happens from time to time, especially in the Droopy shorts.