Tom Hardy (born 1977) is an English actor who usually shows up in action or gangster films.
Selected roles of Tom Hardy:
- Band of Brothers: Private John Janovec
- Black Hawk Down: Twombly
- Bronson: Michael Peterson/Charles Bronson
- The Dark Knight Rises: Bane
- Inception: Eames
- Layer Cake: Clarkie
- Marie Antoinette: Raumont
- Rock N Rolla: Handsome Bob
- Star Trek Nemesis: Shinzon
- Sucker Punch: Rodders
- The Take: Freddie Jackson.
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: Ricki Tarr
- Warrior: Tommy Conlon
Tropes about Tom Hardy:
- Bi the Way: When asked by a Daily Mail interviewer if he's ever had sex with another man:
"Of course I have. I'm an actor, for fuck's sake. I've played with everything and everyone. I love the form and the physicality, but now that I'm in my thirties, it doesn't do it for me. I'm done experimenting but there's plenty of stuff in a relationship with another man, especially gay men, that I need in my life."
- The Big Guy
- Bishonen: He tends to be this when he isn't packing on muscle for his roles.
- Career Resurrection: He's been a hot property again since Inception.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Hardy got enormous for Bronson, then used that experience to land other musclebound roles in Warrior and The Dark Knight Rises.
- Embarrassing Tattoo: YMMV, but he does have quite a few, and some of them were attained under the influence back when he was on drugs, so...
- Old Shame: You're unlikely to hear him discussing Star Trek Nemesis anytime soon. Since it nearly freaking KILLED him.
- Star-Making Role: Eames in Inception. Shinzon was supposed to be his breakout role, but that... didn't really pan out.