The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: Only one human in the cast.
- Straight: In the RPG Tales Of Troperia, Hiro the Sword Master is the only human in the Five-Man Band of Fully Dressed Cartoon Animals - Roger the Black Mage is a King of Beasts, Claudia is a Big Badass Bird of Prey, Marcy the Bare-Fisted Monk with Status Buff skills is a Big Badass Wolf, and Dennis the Knight in Shining Armour and Barrier Warrior is a Cool Horse.
- Exaggerated: There are no other humans - Hiro may or may not be a Last of His Kind.
- Justified: Old Master Hitoshi seeks out the five descendants of the five Precursor Heroes - who were a Five-Token Band as well, so naturally this group would be.
- Inverted: Token Non-Human.
- Subverted: Hiro is the only human in the work and the team - until a load of Guest Star Party Member Sixth Ranger wannabes join and more humans are introduced on Disc 3.
- Double Subverted: They're all the type of Guest Star Party Member who dies.
- Deconstructed: Hiro secretly cries himself to sleep every night - all of his kind are dead, including his friends and family.
- Reconstructed: After the team's adventures together, Hitoshi admits that Hot Skitty-On-Wailord Action produces viable children, therefore his kind still exists within other species, which cheers Hiro up.
- Parodied: The group arrive at a town, and the villagers all stare at them before saying this:
Wow, what is it?
I think it's called a human.
- Zig Zagged: Hiro is the only main party member to be a human, but then there's all the Sixth Ranger types. They're all guest star party members though, and they die before the end of the story. Then Hitoshi reveals that other animals are part human, and the last Sixth Ranger's death leads them to a city filled with humans.
- Lampshaded: Bob: "Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only human left..."
- Defied: Hitoshi points them towards a city of humans right off the bat.
- Averted: There are other humans in the setting.
- Enforced: "Hmm, every work seems to choose either humans or furries... let's give 'em a Lions and Tigers and Humans, Oh My! world!"
- Invoked: King Paolo knows that a human will defeat him because of a visit from God, so he kills all the humans - except Hiro.
- Discussed: "Please tell me he's not the only one left." "I'm afraid so."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.