Describe Tohru Furuya here.
All right. Over 50 years old, and still has the voice of a Bishonen. Whoa.
Anyway, Tohru Furuya is also one of the older seiyuus that, along with Akira Kamiya, triggered the second seiyuu boom. He is most famous for his role as the first Gundam hero Amuro Ray, and still continues on working even now, maintaining his bishie voice... which can still be heard in Ribbons "Bad Amuro" Almark of Mobile Suit Gundam 00. He uses the pseudonym 'Noboru Suigetsu' when working Ribbons' voice, just so the fans can differentiate him and Amuro... but really, who would be fooled?
His first role was actually as a child actor on Ultraman!
He was a close friend of the late Hirotaka Suzuoki.
Here he is in GPS form.
Tohru Furuya's roles, IKIMAAAASU!
- Amuro Ray in Mobile Suit Gundam
- Hyuuma Hoshi in "Kyojin No Hoshi" (Star of the Giants)
- Hiroshi Shiba in Kotetsu Jeeg
- Tuxedo Kamen/Mamoru Chiba in Sailor Moon
- Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya (Classic series, replaced by Masakazu Morita later)
- Yamcha in Dragon Ball series
- Ribbons Almark in Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (under the pseudonym of Noboru Sogetsu, and earning Ribbons the Fan Nickname "Evil Amuro")
- Also MAJOR playing against type, as his role as Ribbons is the first time in his long carrer he's voiced a villian. And it was awesome.
- Akared, the "Super Red Ranger" in the Boukenger vs. Super Sentai 30th anniversary special and Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
- Shinichi "Namura-sensei/Nachan" Namura in Marmalade Boy
- Casshern in Casshern Sins
- Super Mario in Super Mario Bros. anime and early commercials.
- Arty (Burgh) in Pokémon
- Kyousuke Kasuga in Kimagure Orange Road
- Toppy/Tauppy in World Destruction.
- Oyamada Nobushige in Sengoku Basara 2 anime.
- Shuren in Bleach
- Takashi Katori in Video Senshi Laserion
- Eren in Gintama who is an Expy to Amuro.