"Permission to describe Todd Haberkorn here, Sergeant?"
"Permission granted-de arimasu!"
One of FUNimation's recent rising voice actor stars with a distinct and recognizable voice, Todd Haberkorn's current claims to fame are Allen Walker, Death the Kid, Ling Yao, Natsu, and North Italy. He was also the host of "FUNimation Update". Though not pigeonholed yet, he's played some Bishonen with berserk buttons recently, and is a shoe-in for being cast as bizarre, slimy, and insane characters. In fact, many people consider his casting as Watanuki from XxxHolic to be virtually "written for him"! Can ad-lib incomprehensible, random scared noises like nobody's business, in the same vein as John Dimaggio. These days, he is starting to become much similar to Vic Mignogna, having formed a friendship/video rivalry with said actor, started up his own fan team on Facebook, his presence is growing at cons, and the Fairy Tail commentary confirms that he is now officially stationed in Los Angeles instead of Texas!
Owns and runs his own film company, arising from Hollywood not knowing what to do with an Asian actor "who doesn't look stereotypically Asian but doesn't fit the standard lead appearance either." Fun Fact: he was once a cast member of Barney and Friends (see here). He had a supporting role in the Sy Fy original movie Scream of the Banshee.
An action figure is available.
Notable roles by Todd Haberkorn:
- Jun Lee in Aquarion
- Firo Prochainezo in Baccano
- Layfon Alseif in Chrome Shelled Regios
- Raki in Claymore
- Allen Walker in D.Gray-man
- Android 19 in Dragon Ball Kai
- Tarble in Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
- Natsu Dragneel in Fairy Tail
- Ling Yao in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Kazuya Shibuya in Ghost Hunt
- North Italy in Axis Powers Hetalia
- Haruo Niijima in Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
- Ryo Unami in Lux-Pain
- Nagasumi Michishiro in My Bride Is a Mermaid
- Hikaru Hitachiin in Ouran High School Host Club
- Tsukune Aono in Rosario+Vampire
- Micah in Rune Factory 3
- Keroro in Sgt Frog
- Itsuki in Shuffle
- Apos in Mnemosyne
- Yamato Akitsuki in Suzuka
- Kohza in One Piece
- Death The Kid in Soul Eater (Symmetry is awesome!)
- Kimihiro Watanuki in XxxHolic
- Yun Lee in Super Street Fighter IV
- Asian and Nerdy: high emphasis on the Asian part.
- Friendly Rivalry: with Vic Mignogna, not to mention their career paths and fanbase are nearly similar.
- Large Ham: Natsu, as demonstrated.
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A recurring joke within fans is that Todd is in every single anime dub done by Funimation. This is mostly true, as he's casted as The Protagonist of the series (or at least part of the protagonist cast). This includes, a very quirky loser frog soldier protagonist, a harem protagonist, a badass normal unlucky high school student protagonist, a ditzy and very energetic protagonist who stereotypical represents (north) Italy, a somewhat protagonist character in a ridiculously large cast, a deuteragonist who hilarious takes symmetry as serious business, and recently a Hot-Blooded Shonen protagonist. However, since he had moved to Los Angeles, he normally gets secondary or minor roles with FUNimation, and the lead character role is given to either newcomers like Micah Solusod and Josh Grelle, or veterans like Greg Ayres.
- He lampshaded this in one of his DVD commentaries for Axis Powers Hetalia, where he comments "When they need a voice for the whiny nancy boy-ish character, they cast the nerdy half-Asian guy."
- Promoted Fanboy: Wouldn't you believe he'll be playing as Spock in the Star Trek fan webseries?
- Also, Todd voicing LINK.
- Tattoo as Character Type: He said he is considering getting a tattoo of Natsu after the 100th episode of Fairy Tail has been dubbed (Funimation picked up 48 out of 124 episodes, so that's a long way to go).