The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"Whoo! The dance of the living dead!"—Al Czervik, Caddyshack
Titles including the phrase "of the [Living] Dead". You can almost always expect zombies to be involved.
Examples of Title of the Dead include:
- Highschool of the Dead: episode titles also follow this trope.
- Episode 8 Part 1 of Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt is actually called "...Of the Dead". Yes, really.
- The second season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD.
Film - Live Action
- Castle of the Living Dead
- Children of the Living Dead
- The City of the Dead
- Dance of the Dead
- There's a documentary named Des Morts which also goes by the name Of the Dead.
- The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis is a fictional Sumerian spellbook in the Evil Dead series, and probably takes its name from the Necronomicon of H.P. Lovecraft stories.
- Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane
- Hell of the Living Dead (aka Virus)
- House of the Dead and its made-for-TV sequel.
- Isle of the Dead, though it dwells in the vampire mythos.
- Legion of the Dead
- Night of the Living Dead and its sequels.
- Nudist Colony of the Dead. Yes, really.
- Oasis of the Zombies (aka Grave of the Living Dead)
- Used as a subtitle in Phantasm III Lord of the Dead.
- Return of the Living Dead and its sequels.
- Siege of the Dead (also known as Rammbock in Germany)
- Severed: Forest of the Dead
- Shaun of the Dead
- Tombs of the Blind Dead
- The Book of the Dead, an ancient Egyptian funerary text.
- "Dance of the Dead", a short story by Richard Matheson.
- Dance of the Dead, a Ravenloft novel by Christie Golden.
- Lucian's Dialogues of the Dead, making this Older Than Feudalism.
- Plus the Dalziel and Pascoe novel of the same name.
- Eaters of the Dead, a novel by Michael Crichton, which was adapted into the film The 13th Warrior.
- The Naming of the Dead, a crime novel by Ian Rankin.
- The Necronomicon (Greek: "image of the law of the dead", sometimes translated "book of the names of the dead"), a fictional grimoire that appears in stories by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Terry Pratchett's Discworld parodies this with the Necrotelecomnicon, or "phonebook of the dead".
- Plague of the Dead, a novel by Z.A. Recht.
- There's the Enderverse book Speaker for the Dead.
- Fairly new is the mash-up A Christmas Carol of the Living Dead, which is just what you think it is: zombies vs. Scrooge (but done seriously).
- Twilight of the Dead
Live Action TV
- Doctor Who has the episodes "Forest of the Dead", which does kinda-sorta include zombies, and "Planet of the Dead", which doesn't at all.
- Secrets of the Dead, a historical documentary series on PBS.
- "Clothes of the Dead," a song by Bongo Bass & Bob (aka Penn & Teller and Steven Banks).
- Horror Punk Rock band The Misfits have songs titled "Night of the Living Dead" and "Day of the Dead."
- Metal band Lordi has a song called "Night of the Loving Dead."
- Exciter song "Rising of the Dead".
- Rage album Speak of the Dead.
- Grave Digger song "Sorrow of the Dead".
- The Doom Metal band Mistress of the Dead.
- The Cirith Ungol album King of the Dead.
- Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de los Muertos), a Mexican holiday.
- Names of the Dead, a list published by the US Department of Defense following combat action.
- The Magic: The Gathering cards Dance of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Dreams of the Dead, Drift of the Dead, Eater of the Dead, Endless Ranks of the Dead, Grimoire of the Dead, Keeper of the Dead, and Lake of the Dead
- Donald in Maui Mallard level "The Realm of the Dead".
- The House of the Dead series.
- Typing Of The Dead, a spin-off where words pop up, and if typed quickly, kill the approaching zombies.
- English Of The Dead, another spin-off.
- One area in the first Disgaea game is the Forest of the dead, home of zombies, pumpkins, and The first Defender of Earth's ghost.
- Land of the Dead Road To Fiddlers Green, based on the Romero movie above.
- The cancelled George Romero's City of the Dead.
- The obscure action-adventure/early survival horror War of the Dead.
- Plants vs. Zombies was originally going to be called "Lawn of the Dead," but was changed for legal reasons.
- El Tigre has a villain, the Big Bad, whose full name is Sartana of the Dead. Her grandson is Django of the Dead.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.