|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Movie of Tiny Toon Adventures, released between the show's second and third seasons. Originally intended as a theatrical release, it became the first animated film to be released directly to video in the United States. It was later aired on television as a four-part episode of the series. The movie follows the students of Acme Looniversity during their summer vacation:
- Plucky Duck joins Hamton's family on their trip to Happy World Land, only to find himself in the car trip from hell.
- Buster and Babs get into a water gun fight that results in them and Byron the Basset riding a raft down the river.
- Fifi La Fume pursues her favorite movie star, Johnny Pew, in hopes of getting his autograph.
- Fowlmouth drags Shirley to see a movie with him - Skunknophobia.
- Elmyra runs amuck at the Wild Safari Zoo.
- A Day in the Limelight: Fifi, who got a main role in this movie.
- Also Fowlmouth and Byron, who weren't even part of the group of characters that sang the show's theme song.
- Adults Are Useless
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Babs attempts to give one to Buster right when it seems they're going to go over a cliff, but Buster shushes her, saying "I feel the same way."
- Badbutt: Perhaps in consideration of cinema-goers' sensitivities, Fowlmouth is reduced to saying "dad-gum" instead of his usual cussing, pretty much losing the character's (admittedly one-dimensional) point for existing in the first place.
- Big Bad: Mr. Hitcher.
- Big Dam Plot: Buster and Babs' subplot is kicked off when an escalating water fight ends with Babs intentionally opening a dam and flooding Acme Acres.
- The Cameo:
- Ralph the Guard shows up to chase Plucky in the intro.
- Fifi tries to get into the hotel Johnny is staying at, where she encounters Jay Leno, Roseanne Barr, David Letterman (who is there for one of a few reasons listed in the end credits), Ed McMahon, Johnny Carson, Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey, and Arsenio Hall.
- The Road Runner gets run over by a mail truck.
- Roseanne appears again later on in the movie theater, along with Jack Nicholson, Pee-Wee Herman, and Cher.
- At one point Babs, Buster and Byron are saved by Superman.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Buster and Babs telling Superman to "get [his] own video" after he rescues them from a waterfall results in him dropping them back into the water.
- Continuity Nod:
- Numerous one-shot villains from past episodes are in Buster and Babs' audience on the Delta Burke.
- When Buster is opening his locker at the end, a photo of Rover, his pet dinosaur from the episode "Rock and Roar", can be seen on it.
- Covers Always Lie: The DVD cover shows Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton, Elmyra and Dizzy on a ride at Happy World Land, but in the movie only Plucky and Hamton go there and they don't even get to go on any rides.
- Credits Gag: So many.
- Disgusting Public Toilet: Not actually shown, but when the Pigs pull up to a rest stop, they put on hazmat type suits so they can clean the public restrooms.
- Disney Villain Death: Mr. Hitcher seems to get this during the mine cart chase... until he reappears to chase Plucky during the closing song.
- Don't Try This At Home: As Elmyra gets out of her family's car, the zoo's announcer (who sounds like Dr. Scratchansniff) gives this warning:
May I repeat so that Warner Bros. doesn't get sued if anybody really does this, do not get out of the car!
- Edited for Syndication: Several scenes were cut or shortened down in the four-part episode version.
- Eleventh-Hour Superpower: BYRON CAN FLY
- Escalating War: Buster Bunny starts a water fight with Babs. By the end, Babs opens a dam, then Buster triggers a massive tsunami, and Acme Acres ends up underwater.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Fur Is Clothing: Dizzy Devil is afraid to spin because he's shedding, and doesn't want to end up naked. Eventually he does spin and lose his fur, and spends the rest of the movie wearing a cardboard box and feeling ashamed for being naked.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Hamton and his family, who can't seem to realize that Mr. Hitcher is probably a dangerous criminal, even with the chainsaw and hockey mask.
- I Lied: And That's The Final End Credit. (five or so seconds of blank screen) We Lied.
- I See London: When a female possum's green mini-skirt falls off, she is left in her blue bloomers or pantalets. Facing the viewers, she tries to cover up with modesty and coyly giggles as she exits the scene.
- Idiot Ball: Hamton and Plucky both hold one in the comic book scene. Hamton, who gets carsick when he reads in the car, refuses to take his eyes off Plucky’s priceless comic book, and Plucky does everything BUT get the comic book out of the line of fire.
- Also the fact that Hamton didn't TELL him he gets carsick when reading until AFTER it happens. His mother warns Plucky but doesn't outright state it.
- Kissing the Ground: Plucky is so happy to be home from a horrible road trip that took all summer that he kisses Hamton's lawn, only to discover that there's fertilizer on it as plants start to grow on his tongue.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Uncomfortably applied to the southern belle alligators. One of them even sends Buster straight to Marshmallow Hell.
- One-Scene Wonder: Bimbette Skunk.
- Plot Hole: A literal plot hole drops Buster, Babs, Byron, and Banjo back in Acme Acres.
Babs: I was wondering how those hack writers were going to wrap things up.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Fifi gives a short but effective one to Johnny after he gives her photo to Bimbette.
- Right on the Tick: The beginning of vacation. There's a song about waiting for the tick at the start of the movie.
- Shotgun Wedding: Buster is forced into this with the three Boo sisters.
- When Buster and Babs go over the waterfall, they quote the "I gotcha!" / "But who's got you?" exchange from the first Superman movie.
- Elmyra gives the lion a haircut that makes him resemble Bart Simpson.
- Mr. Hitcher is an Expy of Jason Voorhees.
- While Byron airlifts Buster and Babs to safety, he knocks ET and Elliot out of the sky.
- When Babs falls off the waterfall she winds up in a knock-off of The Little Mermaid, complete with the characters singing The Jimmy Hart Version of "Under the Sea". Babs' response: "Oops, wrong cartoon".
- The THX logo is parodied as THUD, very cleverly. Just about everyone in the theater covers their ears as the trailer begins, knowing to expect loudness. Then, they get blasted out of their seats as a sound similar to the THX Deep Note plays. There is also text below the THUD logo saying "A Division of Mucasfim," a reference to Lucasfilm, which used to own THX. At the end, an announcer (who some people think sounds like Alan Rickman) says "The Audience Is Now Deaf," spoofing THX's motto "The Audience is Listening."
- The entire possum plot, complete with the bridge shot and "Dueling Banjos" scene is a PG-rated version of Deliverance.
- Stairway to Heaven: Appears as a theme park ride, accompanied by the "Bullet Train To Heck!"
- Through a Face Full of Fur: Dizzy no longer has fur in this case since he spun it off, but he lightly blushes after becoming nude and he grabs a cardboard box to cover up his nudity.
- Vacation Episode
- Visual Pun: When Plucky gets a whiff of the filth Hamton’s Uncle Stinky left on his hand after shaking it, his body turns black-and-white-checkered and he passes out. Get it? He checks out.
- What's a Henway?: Buster gets caught by the Boo sisters, and all three of them insist on marrying him. The father obliges, leading to this exchange:
Buster: I can't marry all three of them, that's bigamy!
Big Daddy Boo: No, that's big-a me!