|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
No not that one, I mean the stage name of Herbert B. Khaury, known for playing the ukelele and singing in a falsetto, and for his stringy hair and rather... interesting appearance.
He's generally only remembered now for his act of singing "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" in falsetto with the ukelele, and maybe for appearing at various clubs and shows in the fifties and sixties, as well as Rowan and Martins Laugh In several times as a featured guest. And one of his songs being featured in the first episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. (He was also the only celebrity ever to get married on The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson.) Despite appearances, he was actually very well educated, and had a deep interest in musical history.
In fact, he had a rather pleasant baritone voice when needed, and released several records displaying a larger range, both vocally and in taste. In later years he worked intermittently, producing small records and occasional cameos. He had a heart attack in 1996 at a ukelele festival, and died later that year.
Tropes That Apply To This Artist:
- Cloudcuckoolander: The main reason the world became so fascinated with him in the late 1960s.
- Cover Version: Constantly. Much of his repertoire is old time pop songs from the early 20th century, but he was known to mix it in with more modern standards as well.
- Fan Service: If you're into guys like Tim, this is all the Fanservice you could ever want.
- Incredibly Long Note: His cover of "I Got You Babe" from Live At The Royal Albert Hall features Tim pulling off a particularly high one for a good fifteen seconds.
- Ironic Nickname: Many words could be used to describe this man, but "tiny" is not one of them.
- Madness Mantra: The intro to "I'm A Nut." Madness in a giddy sort of way.
The birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming, the birds are coming.....
- Neat Freak: If interviews are anything to go by, he dreaded germs and filth.
- One-Hit Wonder
- Signature Song: And what a song; "Tiptoe Through The Tulips."
- Smarter Than You Look
- Stage Name