|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
He's a little lamb with a lot to learn!And he's always having such a lot of fun!
Timmy! (Baa!) It's Timmy! (Baa!)
He's a handful of trouble at every turn!
Timmy leaves the farm and goes out into the world.
Trying to be cool, he's #1!
He joins all his friends on the big adventure.
Spinning off from Aardman Animations' Shaun the Sheep, Timmy Time follows that show's Ensemble Darkhorse as he heads to an all-animal preschool run by a pink heron named Harriet and a purple owl named Osbourne. There he meets Yabba the Duckling, Paxton the Piglet, Mittens the Kitten, Ruffy the Dog, Apricot the Hedgehog, Stripey the Badger Cub, Kid the Goat, Otus the Owlet, Finlay the Fox Cub and Bumpy the Caterpillar, and learns various lessons about getting along with others.
The series started in April, 2009. If you live in the show's home of the United Kingdom, you can find Timmy Time on CBeebies. If you're in the United States, the home for the program is Disney Junior (formerly Playhouse Disney), and Canadian viewers can see the show on Treehouse TV.
This series provides examples of:
- Animal Stereotypes
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Attention Whore: Often an episode's conflict is set off by Timmy wanting to hog attention, only to learn his lesson. To be fair, his need for attention is balanced out by wanting to help his friends.
- Cunning Like a Fox: Finlay, who is more of a Keet than a Trickster.
- Escalating War: Non-violent variation in "Timmy the Train": Timmy and Mittens both want to lead their friends as pretend trains, and take advantage of the others' attraction to shiny objects by making their costumes increasingly complex.
- Everything's Cuter With Kittens: Mittens
- Everything's Messier With Pigs: Paxton
- Everything's Precious With Puppies: Ruffy
- The Owl-Knowing One: Osbourne is the more patient of the teachers. His son Otus also tries to follow his example whenever possible, mimicking his actions.
- Shrinking Violet: Apricot, who responds to anything frightening by rolling up into a ball.
- Spin-Off: This show is a double example: it span off from Shaun the Sheep, itself a spin off of Wallace and Gromit.
- The Speechless: As on Shaun the Sheep, all the animals make their respective noises rather than speaking like humans.
- Sleepyhead: Stripey is generally in a dozy state, though, to be fair, this is because badgers are nocturnal.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Harriet is pink and wears a pearl necklace.