|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Time Stranger Kyoko is a 3-volume manga written by Arina Tanemura.
In the year 3000, Kyoko Suomi is the princess of Earth. She has been going to public school as a normal girl, so no one knows she's the princess. As her 16th birthday is coming up, her father is going to force her to attend the ceremony, revealing to everyone her identity. The only way for her to get out of this is to awaken her twin sister Ui, who has been asleep since the two of them were born. She can only do this by bringing together the 12 Strangers, herself being the Time Stranger. Together with her bodyguards, Sakataki Jin and Hizuki Jin, she sets off on a quest to find the other 11 Strangers.
This manga provides examples of:
- Animorphism: the kirito can turn into the animal they have DNA from (Dragon tribe people turn into dragons, etc.)
- All There in the Manual: Parodied. Kyoko asks her father why he's believing a manual that uses the word "perhaps" so many times.
- Bodyguard Crush: Sakataki and Hizuki to Kyoko
- Calling Your Attacks: the Strangers
- Catgirl: Yami, the head of the Cat Tribe, though it's not blatantly obvious. Chocola, too, but she's an android designed to look like a cat
- Chekhov's Gun: Kyoko's Time Staff
- Colorful Theme Naming: All of the Strangers have a color in their last name, except for Sakataki, Hizuki and Rin. As follows:
- Suomi Kyoko - "scarlet"
- Momoto Karen - "peach, pink"
- Onishi Sarai - "yellow"
- Souba Mizuno - "azure"
- Samidori Youju - "blue-green"
- Chiryoku Fuuma - "green"
- Kirashi Toba - "purple"
- Shiraki Setsuna - "white"
- Reikoku Yami - "black"
- Dark Is Not Evil: Yami, the Dark Stranger. We don't see much of her, but she's one of the good guys and seems really nice
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Yami's eyes look like they could be these
- Elemental Powers: Most of the Strangers
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Kyoko and Ui are the princesses of Earth. The other female Strangers are technically princesses of their respective tribes
- Facial Markings: Mizuno
- Fridge Logic: um, exactly how can someone be a Half-Human Hybrid of a human and a flower?!?!?!?
- Gender Blender Name: Setsuna (Male), Ginga (Male)
- Half-Human Hybrid: The Kirito tribes are made up of people who have both human and animal or plant DNA
- Improbable Age: all of the Kirito tribe leaders are teenagers, or younger
- Meaningful Name: Mizuno- of water- is the Water Stranger, and the leader of the Fish Tribe.
- One World Order
- Our Mermaids Are Different: the Fish Tribe. Mizuno only gets legs when she turns into a Stanger. Her brother, Ginga, on the other hand, is never seen with a tail
- Official Couple: Kyoko/Sakataki, Karen/Toba, Mizuno/Sarai to some degree, and Chocola/king.
- Pair the Spares: not completely this trope, but it has to go somewhere:
Ui: Father! Father! Ui wants to get married, too! To Hizuki!
- Pointy Ears: Kyoko.
- Say It with Hearts: Hizuki. A lot.
- Seashell Bra: averted with Mizuno, she wears a shirt
- Sixth Ranger: Heck, all but a couple of the Strangers
- The Kingdom
- The Stoic: Setsuna seems to be this
- Time Master: Kyoko, if you haven't already figured it out
- Unusual Euphemism: sort of. Kyoko tells Ui that she and Sakataki will be doing a disappearing act, meaning that they aren't going to the party. When she relays this message to their father, he comments: the words she keeps teaching Ui.
- White-Haired Pretty Boy: Setsuna
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: most of the Strangers. Justified in that they all have animal/plant DNA as well as human. Except Kyoko, but she's a brunette.