|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Tiger and Bunny fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by adding your name to the recs line, or by leaving a review. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Tiger and Bunny Anon Meme Recommended by: Love Is Weird
- A Kink Meme dedicated solely to Tiger and Bunny. Be warned: it's a Kink Meme, so there's a copious amount of smut, but it's not all there is. In fact, there's some very well-written gen fics, and of course the smut is also rather well-written as well.
The Artificial Intelligence Principle series by Hallidae
- Recommended by: Starry, Celery, Naganonamy
- Genre: Drama
- Characters: Barnaby, Barnaby Brooks Sr, Emily Brooks, Kotetsu, Maverick, Rotwang and H-01
- Pairings: Possibly one sided Barnaby/Kotetsu if you choose to interpret it that way.
- Synopsis: AU fanfic where Barnaby's parents are alive. But teen Barnaby has been struck by a terminal illness. Hoping to keep their son alive, his parents transfer his soul into the body of a robot...
- Recommended by: Naganonamy
- Genre: Drama, Hurt/Comfort
- Characters: Nathan, OCs
- Synopsis: Written in honour of Transgender Remembrance Day and those lost to violence, Nathan saves a life and kicks some bigot arse. Not necessarily in that order.
- Warnings: Hate Crime, Transphobia, Homophobia.
Where's Your Head At? by Imadra Blue
- Recommended by: Love Is Weird
- Genre: Humor, Drama, Action
- Characters: Kotetsu, Barnaby, Antonio, Keith, and OCs.
- Synopsis: During a mission in space, Kotetsu has a vision of the future. In this future, he and Barnaby face an old enemy in a new guise, but the future soon bleeds into the present. No matter what may come, Kotetsu vows to remain Barnaby's constant friend. Gen.
- Warnings: None, but the author has said that she kept the ambiguously gay sheen that we see so much of in canon.
- Recommended by: Blac Kat
- Genre: Drama, Action, Humour
- Characters: All the heroes, Agnes, Saito, Lunatic/Yuri and a few OCs.
- Synopsis: Kotetsu encounters a criminal with mind-controlling NEXT abilities who gives the hapless hero an "Objective" (in others words, a command he finds impossible to disobey)...murdering Barnaby. Takes place after the events of episode 25.
- Pairings: Some Karina x Kotetsu, but it has pretty much the same flavour as what we see in canon.
- Warnings: None.
- The full story is available on the Anon Meme, but the de-anoning W!Anon has started posting chapters to FF.Net. The revised version can be found here
Let Your Heart Be Light by Kitarin
- Recommended by: Starry
- Genre: General/Slice of Life, some Romance/Shipping moments
- Characters: Kotetsu, Barnaby, Kaede and the rest of the Kaburagi family.
- Pairings: Kotetsu/Barnaby
- Synopsis: Christmas at the Kaburagi's with Barnaby, set the week of Christmas after halfway through Episode 25.
- Warnings: One explicit sex scene.
- Recommended by Monkeypizzasonic, Starry
- Pairing: Kotetsu/Barnaby
- Synopsis: Barnaby's parents are alive, and Barnaby was raised as a normal kid set to work in robotics like his parents, until he sees Wild Tiger on Hero TV and is inspired to help him by designing superhero suits designed to withstand damage. He grows up and gets hired to work on the engineering support team for the heroes, which means he gets to work with his childhood idol and crush as well...
- Recommended by: Starry
- Genre: Angst
- Characters: Barnaby, Kotetsu
- Pairings: None
- Synopsis: One shot. What if Barnaby made a contract and became a Puella Magi at a young age? What would happen if Kotetsu discovered his secret?
- Comments: While it ignores the fundamental requirements for being Puella Magi, its a fun read and good crossover regardless. Considering the tone and grim nature of Madoka, don't expect a happy ending. Not recommended unless you are familiar with both series, especially since it spoils some of the big twists from Madoka.