The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Snarf is male but voiced by a Japanese woman.
- Executive Meddling: The first season as plotted by the showrunners has twenty-six episodes. Cartoon Network decided to chop that in half into two thirteen-episode seasons.
- Fan Nickname: The Queen of Thundera's name is never mentioned or credited, but she was unofficially named Leona by the staff.
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- Will Friedle (Batman, Ron Stoppable, and Blue Beetle) as the voice of Lion-O.
- Matthew Mercer as the voice of Tygra.
- Kevin Michael Richardson as the voice of Panthro.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as the voice of Cheetara.
- Pamela Adlon as the voice of Pumyra.
- Corey Burton (Shockwave) as the voice of Jaga, Jorma, and others. He's using his Ansem The Wise voice, which also makes him sound very similar to Christopher Lee whom Burton was The Other Darrin to in the series.
- Robin Atkin Downes (The Abomination, Baron Zemo, Travis Touchdown, The Medic, The Prophet of Regret, and Luxord) as the voice of Mumm-Ra.
- Clancy Brown (The Kurgan and Mr. Krabs, and even more relevantly, Lex Luthor) as the voice of Grune.
- Larry Kenney (the original voice of Lion-O) as the voice of Claudus.
- Dee Bradley Baker as the voice of Slithe.
- Satomi Koorogi (Togepi and Pichu) voices Snarf.
- Troy Baker (Van Kleiss) as the voice of The Driller.
- Cree Summer (Maxine Gibson, Valerie Gray, Blackarachnia) as Panthera (Leo's Love Interest) in "Legacy", and Rob Paulsen was the leader of the Jackal-men AND the leader of the Lizard-men in the same episode.
- Atticus Shaffer from ABC's The Middle as young!Emrick.
- Stephen Root (Bill, Milton) as The Drifter.
- Richard Chamberlain as Zigg...yes, we have Oscar-caliber actors in our cartoon reboot now.
- Hector Elizondo voiced Viragor.
- The European Spanish dub has D.J. appear... TWICE! His Catalan actor is Spanish Lion-O; D.J.'s Euro. Spanish actor is Tygra.
- Speaking of Total Drama, the Venezuelan dub has some recurring actors. Lion-O is Chris, Tygra is Owen, Cheetara is Leshawna, and Snarf is Mike.
- Jim Cummings as the voice of Caspin.
- Jason Marsden as the voice of Leo (when he's not posessed by Lion-O).
- Jeffrey Combs as the voice of Soul Sever, complete with the obligatory Re-Animator Shout-Out.
- I Knew It!: The death of Lion-O's mother in childbirth was one of the major fan theories from the very beginning.
- Several fans settled on the name "Leona" for the Queen of Thundera before Dan Norton confirmed they crew called her that too.
- Almost immediately after Panthro lost his arms fans not only theorized that he would get new cybernetic ones, but it's the Berbils that hook him up with them. Guess what happened in the very next episode.
- Lying Creator: Panthro's dead. No, honest, he's totally dead. Never mind that promo art.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Matthew Mercer, voice of Tygra and all around awesome guy, admits that after reading scripts and doing recordings he sometimes wants to just step back and yell "He's (Tygra) such a dick!"
- Network to the Rescue: The show's ratings were okay, but the toys didn't sell as well as hoped so WB talked Cartoon Network into moving the show from Friday nights to Saturday mornings as a lead-in to the popular DC Nation programing block. The show's ratings doubled overnight.
- One of Us: Producer Michael Jelenic has used the terminology Breakout Character and The Scrappy in an interview.
- Not to mention Will Friedle (who is a very vocal Thundercats and Tolkien fan). Also a Promoted Fanboy as the original show is one of the reasons he got into animation. Matthew Mercer and Kevin Michael Richardson are also big Thundercats fans, and you can see all three geeking out here.
- Sound editor Jeff Shiffman reads tvtropes and has even posted in the Thundercats thread.
- The Other Darrin: Leo is voiced by Will Friedle in his first appearance because of Lion-O reliving events of the past through Leo. "Birth of the Blades" has Jason Marsden voicing him, and this is likely what Leo's actual voice sounds like. This is something of a Casting Gag, since Friedle and Marsden are good friends.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Cree Summer and Will Friedle play rebel leaders and sweethearts Panthera and Leo, but Summer was also Max Gibson, girl friday to Friedle's Batman successor in Batman Beyond, then they later played the Official Couple in Tony Hawks Under Ground.
- Teasing Creator: The crew just loves messing with their fellow fans, especially at the Crew of Omens blog, and occasionally Deviant ART, where a crewmember teased the Whole-Episode Flashback of "Old Friends" in an early review comment. Almost every question of "Will (X) from the old show appear in a future episode?" has been answered with a sly "Maybe" and a wink. They're also very fond of the Mathematician's Answer.
- Word of God: Art director Dan Norton set up a Thundercats crew blog to answer fan questions and also uses deviantArt, frequently posting fan art on the blog, including both Yaoi and Fetish Fuel art.
- Written by Cast Member: "The Trials of Lion-O: Part 2" and "Birth of the Blades" were written by Will Friedle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.