|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Synopsis: One year after the end of Kingdom Hearts II, Sora, Riku and Kairi prepare for the journey that King Mickey's letter spoke of just as events outside of their world catch up to them. Meeting friends new and old, these friends will have to entrench their strengths and learn new ones as the Darkness once more gathers upon the world... All orchestrated by a familiar foe.
So far, the story has only started to pick up steam with the heroes arriving in Twilight Town after a series of events back on the islands.
Thrones of the Four Pillars contains the following tropes:
- Back From the Dead: Xehanort. Lea, Relena (Larxene's Nobody), Xion.
- Badass: Take your pick.
- Badass Grandpa: Ansem the Wise
- Bash Brothers: Riku and Sora
- Barrier Warrior: Ansem the Wise
- Big Damn Heroes: Quite a few get pulled off every now and then.
- Bloodier and Gorier: For starters, the new enemy featured in the story. They bleed when hit and leave behind a body after they die.
- Call Back: Nearly one per every chapter.
- Darker and Edgier: Oh maliciously...
- Dead Beloved: Snow is dead, and Thaeon's girlfriend died when Radiant Garden fell to the Heartless.
- Doomed Homeworld: Pazu eventually breaks down when this fact hits him.
- Easy Amnesia: Kairi still can't remember much from her childhood. Ansem is piecing together his memory after escaping from the Realm of Darkness and Xion hardly remembered her own name.
- Namine has somehow been forgotten, in spite of KHII Final Mix's added scenes.
- Heroic BSOD: Sora goes through a short one When he discovers the nature of the new enemy.
- She's Back: Ladies and Gentlemen, Master Aqua
- Longest Prologue Ever: It has taken ten chapters for the crew to leave the Destiny Islands.
- Mind Screw: Many of the dreams that the heroes experience.
- My Greatest Failure: Once Aqua learned about the damage that Xehanort committed, she feels responsible for not stopping him in the events of Birth By Sleep
- Oh Crap: plenty with a special note of when The Mysterious Figure appears on the islands
- Original Character: Only one so far, Thaeon /Tobias. He also hails from Radiant Garden, was trapped in the Realm of Darkness as long as Aqua or Ansem, and apparently also carries a vendetta against Xehanort.
- Team Mom: Aqua again
- The Apprentice: Taran to Mickey Mouse
- Took a Level In Badass: Zack's somehow gotten a Keyblade between the events of Birth By Sleep and this fic.
- Ansem the Wise. To quote the man himself, "I may not be able to fight, but I can defend!
- Villain Team-Up: It just wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without one... or two
- What Happened to the Mouse?: If Xehanort is back then where is Terra?