|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Thrill Kill is an unreleased ultra-violent (for its time) fighting game for the Sony Play Station. Set in an urban version of Hell, the characters were all damned souls fighting for another chance in the mortal world, watched over by Marukka the Goddess of Secrets, who has organized the infernal tournament and promised the winner reincarnation on Earth.
It is notable for having a four-way 3D battle system. Even though the game was officially unreleased, many people are able to find and download unfinished versions from the Internet. One YouTube user was even able to post a very accurate review.
- Belladonna: A housewife and librarian from Savannah, Georgia, who, after discovering that her husband was having an affair with her sister, snapped and transformed into a deadly dominatrix, murdering them both. She is armed with an electric cattle prod. She died after committing suicide by electrocuting herself with her cattle prod while taking a bath, which was reported as being "accidental".
- Dr. Faustus: A deranged plastic surgeon from Los Angeles, who intentionally disfigured many of his patients. He is armed with a scalpel and has a set of metal "jaws" attached to his own face that resembles a bear trap, which he also uses to attack with. He died from an infection caused by the grafting of said contraption onto his face.
- Cleetus: A murderous redneck Cannibal from Kentucky who fights with a severed leg of one of his past victims. He starved to death after contracting a tapeworm infestation.
- The Imp: A violent dwarf government employee with a Napoleon complex from Albany, New York, who is supported by stilts. He died from complications after amputating both his legs to replace them with the stilts.
- Mammoth: A gigantic, feral simian creature who was previously a human postal worker from Covington, Indiana, nicknamed "Mammoth" due to his large size. After he was fired from his job, he flew into a rage and killed many of his colleagues and customers in a bloody rampage. He committed suicide afterward by shooting himself.
- Oddball: An FBI criminal profiler from Belfast, Maine, who, after a long career of tracking serial killers, was driven insane and became one himself. His costumes feature him bound in straitjackets, having his arms tied behind his back, or with them amputated altogether, and so he relies on using his head, torso and legs to attack. He died after being gunned down by his protégé.
- Tormentor: A sadistic vigilante judge from Phoenix, who is armed with a chain. He was executed on the electric chair after being found guilty of acquitting criminals in his court so that he could secretly torture and murder them himself.
- Violet: The youngest playable character in the game. A teenage traveling circus contortionist from Austria who developed a hatred for men after killing a man who attacked her in her dressing room after one of her performances. She died from internal injuries after her spinal cord was ruptured
- Judas: One of the later unlockable sub-bosses. Deformed conjoined twins at the sternum, without any legs. One of the upper halves simply "walks" on his hands whilst the other upper half fights.
- Cain: A sub-boss who is a pyromaniac covered in flames.
- Marukka: The final boss. She is a demonic female deity from a dimension in Hell who was responsible for the organization of the tournament.
- The Gimp: An unlockable Training Dummy who can't be controlled directly and is only available in Practice Mode. He is a masochistic gimp who enjoys pain.
This game contains examples of:
- Bloodier and Gorier: It was based on Mortal Kombat.
- Bondage Is Bad: Each character has at least four costumes, many of which are bondage or fetish wear.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Subverted, a few of the orignal designers releasing bootleg versions of the game all over the web is the reason why this game hasn't been completely forgotten
- Evil Versus Evil: All the characters are damned souls entering the tournament in hopes of being reincarnated out of hell.
- Finishing Move: The "Thrill Kills"
- Gorn: And LOTS of it
- Karmic Death: Many of the characters die in ironic fashions in their back stories.
- Life Meter: Notably subverted with the "Kill Meters". Instead of going down when you take damage, it fills up when you inflict damage (it usually forces players to be more aggressive in their gameplay strategy). When the Kill Meter is full, you can kill off one of the other 3 opponents. You repeat this process until you're down to the last opponent, at which point you can unleash a "Thrill Kill".
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs / Spam Attack: All the characters have at least one thrill kill that involves them hitting the opponent with a barrage of strikes until they explode. Then there's that one attack of Dr. Faustus's where he rapidly stabs the opponent so many times with his scalpel that he needs to stop his attacking arm with his other arm.
- Too Kinky to Torture: The Gimp.