|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
3 Dev Adam (lit. Three Big Men, aka informally Turkish Spider-Man or Captain America and Santo vs. Spider-Man) is a Turkish action Cult Film from 1973. It's about Captain America and El Santo fighting together in order to stop the evil criminal mastermind, er... Spider-Man. Yup, it's that kind of movie.
Of course, the characters were used without permission from their owners, and some of them have little in common with their original counterparts. Perhaps the most important things to highlight are that Captain America now has no shield, and Spider-Man is a bad guy who wants to create counterfeit dollars For the Evulz.
For the curious, there's an in-depth review with lots of pictures here.
- Bloodier and Gorier: The movie has a lot of blood and sadistic violence -- certainly far more than its source material.
- Canon Foreigner: Julia, Captain America's girlfriend.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Yes, by the evil Spider-Man.
- Crossover: In some bizarre way, this is a Crossover between El Santo and the Marvel Universe.
- In Name Only: EVIL Spider-Man, just for starters. He's now the (visibly overweight) sadistic leader of a gang who delights in killing his enemies via boat propellers, switchblades, and bloodthirsty guinea pigs. He also has the ability to return from the dead, either via cloning, or by magically creating a new body for himself (it's never explained how he does it).
- Mockbuster: It's an extremely unauthorized attempt to cash in on the fame of three famous superheroes.