|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crack Pairing: Helen Roper/Chrissy Snow became popular in the fanfic world at some point.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Many fans over the years have expressed disappointment that Jack and Janet didn't get together in the end.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: One episode has Jack faking his death to avoid retribution from a woman's jealous boyfriend. His roommates explain that "his heart gave out." Given that John Ritter died of a heart ailment in 2003...
- Idiot Plot: See What an Idiot! below, and also its tendency to make plots based off stuff from the Mistaken for Index.
- Recycled Script: An early episode had the roommates trying to hide a recently adopted pet from Mr. Roper. Towards the end of the series' run, a similar plot (with a different animal, Mr. Furley and Terri) was used. John Ritter himself later acknowledge the trope and felt this was when the series was starting to run out of ideas.
- Replacement Scrappy: Cindy, Chrissy's cousin, was almost a carbon clone with considerably less jiggle factor and the added annoyance of being The Klutz. Terri managed to avoid this fate by actually having a brain.
- Thankfully averted with Mr. Furley when he replaced the Ropers, due to the stark differences in their gimmicks and personalities.
- Tear Jerker: Mr. Furley recounting how he once had a pet as a kid, but it was hit by a car and died, he then decides to name the cat he found after it.
- What an Idiot!: This will apply to at least one character Once an Episode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.