|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Enter a world where nothing is what it seems. Where your closest friend could be your worst enemy. Where black is white and white is black.
Thr3e is a novel by Ted Dekker written in September 2003, with a film adaptation, which was released in late 2006, and early 2007 in America.
Kevin Parson, a young seminary student gets a phone call from a serial killer known as the Riddle Killer, who tells Kevin that if he doesn't confess his sin to the world in the next three minutes, his car will be blown sky high. Kevin panics, drives hi car into a ditch, and three minutes later it explodes. He receives another call with the same basis and a bigger bomb. Together with FBI agent Jennifer Peters and CBI agent and childhood friend Samantha Sheer (Sam for short), Kevin scrambles to beat the Riddle Killer at his own game.
The film provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Kevin's aunt, Pricilla.
- Blue Eyes: Sam.
- Expy: The Riddle Killer has quite a bit in common with the Jigsaw Killer.
- Fish Out of Water: Jennifer mentions that it's surprising that Keven can even function in society after his abusive, and isolated upbringing.
- Imaginary Friend/ImaginaryEnemy: Samantha being the imaginary friend, while Slater is the imaginary enemy.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Sam and Kevin, initiallly.
- Kick the Dog: Well, more like blow up the dog.
- Mad Bomber: The Riddle Killer, loves using explosives.
- Made of Evil: Slater is this to Kevin, representing his evil.
- Man Child: Bob Parson, the son of Eugene and Pricilla.
- Parental Issues: Kevin.
- PG Explosives
- Poetic Serial Killer: The Riddle Killer is targeting Kevin the "sins" he claims he committed in the past.
- Serial Killer: The Riddle Killer, Slater, obviously.
- Split Personality : Averted. Samantha believes that Kevin has a split personality that is the Riddle Killer, but in reality the killer is a different person. However, it's actually played straight when it's revealed that both Samantha and the Riddle Killer, Slater, are in fact two different personalities, who he created as a child.
- Spoiled Brat: Both Bob and Eugene refer to Pricilla as "Princess".
- The Killer in Me: Kevin is the Riddle Killer.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Kevin Parson.