The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- In "Old Iron", James runs away out of control after some boys fiddle with his controls. Edward manages to catch up to him, and his fireman brings him under control.
- In "Toad Stands By", Oliver has to put up with the obnoxious S.C Ruffey, until he pulls him so hard he COMES APART!
- In "Gallant Old Engine", in a flashback, Rheneas has a moment where after suffering a jammed valve gear on one side, he still struggles onward with his train.
- Made even better by the Crowning Music of Awesome which plays while he struggles on. And he HAD TO finish his journey, or else the railway would close.
- In the episode "Four Little Engines", Skarloey continues on even though badly worn out and now with a front spring broken.
- In "Edward's Exploit", when Edward gets the train rolling again despite his broken crankpin and that triumphant reprise of his theme starts playing. The passengers cheer when he arrives at the station, even though he's late.
- In "Bowled Out", a snooty diesel fails after sucking a bowler hat through his air intake, when due to take an express (15 coaches in the original book). The only engines left are Duck (an ex-GWR 57xx tank engine, built in the late 1920s for light passenger, station pilot duties, and shunting), and Stepney (an ex-LBSCR A1X "Terrier" tank engine, built in the 1870s for even lighter passenger, station pilot duties, and shunting). They manage to get the train to their destination early. And to cap it all off, this is the last duty Stepney performs before going back to his slightly less hectic preserved line in England.
- In "Percy's Promise", Percy manages to bring a Sunday School excursion train back to the end of Thomas' Branch Line through a flooded section of track. And the TV episode featured the Storm Theme, which would later be played in "Gallant Old Engine".
- Duke holding back Sir Handel after the latter slips off the rails and almost falls off a cliff.
- Duck saving an entire train of passengers from runaway freight cars in "A Close Shave". The dialogue afterwards says it all; "I didn't know you were a brave engine." "That's alright, sir, I didn't either."
- Edward arranging for Trevor to be purchased by the Vicar in order to save him from being scrapped, and, inspired by this CMOA, Douglas (and his drivers) saving Toad and Oliver.
- Duck standing up to the big engines in "Duck Takes Charge". Seriously, until he showed up poor Percy was picked on by them endlessly. It's not hard to see why Duck and Percy are good friends; Duck was the first engine who stood up for the little guy!
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Lady being steamed up for the first time in decades, and puffing away down the titular Magic Railroad. It mingles with Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- YMMV on the rest of the movie, but Whiff and Percy smashing through a barricade to reach Thomas and the Logging Locos definitely qualifies. Bonus points for having Whiff nonchalantly adjusting his glasses with his nose directly afterwards.
- After Oliver's accident, the trucks on Sodor refuse to listen to him, singing songs and playing tricks. They're lead by S.C.Ruffey, an old privately-owned wagon. What does Oliver do? He pulls S.C.Ruffey apart. The trucks have never played a trick on Oliver since.
- Jack jumping in and saving Thomas from falling off a bridge in "A Friend in Need".
- Byron saving Alfie from sinking into a mud put in "A Happy Day for Percy".
- Alfie saving kittens from being crushed by a collapsing building in "Alfie Has Kittens".
- "Rusty and the Boulder"
- The chase scene in the American film "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" was the only good thing in that edited version of the British one that Britt Allcroft had.
- Another awesome scene is Toby delaying Diesel 10's plot by ringing his bell and causeing Pinchy to knock over a shed in the confusion, trappinbg the diesels.
- Thomas vs. Spencer race in "Hero of the Rails".
- "Thomas and Bertie" race.
- Terrance to the rescue in "Thomas, Terrance and Snow".
- All the engines helping rebuild Hiro without Spencer finding out. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The Fat Controller saving Stepney in "Stepney Gets Lost".
- In "Day of the Diesels", Percy rallying the entire Steam Team together to have them take back the Steamworks from the diesels.
- Flynn and Belle stopping the Dieselworks from burning down.
- Stafford gets one in his debut episode. After being bossed around by Spencer all day, Spencer gets himself stranded without any coal. Stafford nonchalantly shunts him all the way to Knapford Station.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.