|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Thomas Fay Syndicate (TFSyndicate for short) is a Deviant ART account specializing in fan art, photography and media by Thomas Fay.
These tropes are the most common in his artwork:
- Art Evolution - From cauliflower hands to kitten paws.
- The Alcoholic - Fay does Drunk moments a lot, starting with his rendition of The Odyssey.
- Roger Rabbit Effect - on most of his photography.
His résumé includes fan art of
- Dartboard of Hate - His opinion toward Don Kirshner
- Running Gag - Based on the actual episodes, most notably Peter Tork
- Spin the Bottle - Also based on an episode. It always points to Davy.
Pa Rappa and Um Jammer Lammy
- Barbie Doll Anatomy - Usually, Pa Rappa is drawn without a tail. This is an exception. After all, he IS a dog.
- Flipping the Bird - Rammy does this a lot.
- Voodoo Doll - Rammy did this to Lammy once.
The middle child of The Partridge Family
- Running Gag - In his descriptions, he wants you to avoid confusion with Danny Phantom.
- One troper also noticed that they met once.
Fay also does comic strips …
I.M. Hip is his webcomic on Intodit. It updates on Fridays, but if the server is down, Fay posts it on the day it wakes up.
- Goth Girl - Inga is SO goth, she dyed her skin purple!
- Mary Sue - According to a review by Truthful Pietro.
- Punny Name - I.M. Hip and his sister, U.R. Hip.
- Writing Lines - A Running Gag, this is Mr. Albany's [the teacher] method of detention. "I will not take the SAT at an early age", "I will not drink the elixir of life" among others, even in crossovers!
A Train's World
- Born in An Elevator - Charles the elevator guy. Mario can't seem to get PAST him.
- Cool Train
- Cranky Neighbor - The E train is 100% ill tempered.
- His Catch Phrase is "Mario! Are you LISTENING?!?"
- Drinking on Duty - Charles sometimes does this with the android Mario set him up with.
- Robot Girl - Heather is an android, with bubble joints to prove it!
- Shout-Out - Mario, the main character, has a newsstand at the Times Square station. Ever read The Cricket In Times Square ?
… and is working on a Crossover, too!
- And Your Reward Is Infancy - In chapter 3. They found an antidote
- As Himself - Thomas "Village Boy" Fay
- Caught on Tape - Tom made out with "Egg-yolk" and Dani in chapters 9 and 10, but found it on record the next day. Turns out it was Rammy, ticked off because she was fired.
- Fan Nickname - Tom sometimes refers to Teriyaki Yoko as "Egg-yolk".
- A Good Name for a Rock Band - "Say hello to Thomas Fay and the Danny Phantom band!" (Chapters 7-11)
- Gender Bender - Tom was a victim of this in Chapter 10, but was cut short thanks to the antidote Lammy gave him.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks - Tom believes in this theory. He even convinces Danny to spill the beans about his ghost powers to his parents. It worked well
- Not Me This Time - In chapter 11, Danny's ex was having her shower in "the first empty building she comes upon." Tom wants to be home before the Super Bowl starts and prays they wouldn't pick his place. They did. A Shout-Out to a Seinfeld episode.
- Once Per Episode - When Tom squeals "WOW!"
- Musical Trigger - He's a musician. What do you think he does in the studio?
- Running Gag - The teenager at the pharmacy in Chapters 1, 3, and 5. "You want fries with that?"
- Shout-Out - Several
- Super-Powered Alter Ego - Danny and Dani can turn into ghosts. Tom ends up with this ability in Chapter 8
- Spit Take - Tom does this to his margarita after learning that Dani is an Opposite Sex Clone.
- Starving Artist-Tom started out this way back in Greenwich Village, then gained popularity along the way.