The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: A prostitute gives someone a place to stay.
- Played Straight: Bob is down on his luck, and his friend Albert takes him to a brothel to cheer him up. He is introduced to a Hooker with a Heart of Gold named Rose, who lets him stay with her until things get better.
- Exaggerated: Bob actually become's Rose's steady boyfriend or husband.
- Inverted: Rose is down on her luck, and Bob lets her stay in his house or apartment.
- Justified: Rose is being nice.
- Rose feels that Bob (who couldn't afford her "services" and took up valuable time of hers by chatting with her all night) should pay her back by doing chores...and possibly sleeping with her.
- Rose falls in love with Bob.
- Subverted: Bob turns down Rose's invitation to live in her room at the brothel, saying he'll manage.
- Double Subverted: But he visits so frequently it's almost like he does, in fact, live there.
- Alternatively, Bob's luck takes a turn for the worse, and he comes back asking if he can stay with Rose.
- Parodied: Rose asks Bob if he'd like to live with her, and he says he would. Cut to Bob entertaining a client.
- Bob winds up living in a cardboard box in the alley Rose does.
- Lampshaded: "Dude, what's it like living with a hooker?"
- Averted: Bob does not stay with Rose at the brothel.
- Bob never meets Rose
- Enforced: "We need to show that Bob is so down on his luck that he has to live with a prostitute! Oh, and for added drama, let's have her fall in love with him!"
- Invoked: Rose feels sorry for Bob.
- Defied: Bob turns down Rose's invitation.
- Played For Laughs: Bob becomes a gigolo at the brothel, bringing in new customers.
- Bob doesn't get any sleep because he keeps getting Sexiled by Rose and her clients.
- Played For Drama: Rose and Bob fall in love.
- Police come and shut down the brothel, and Bob loses his home (and possibly his girlfriend).
- Bob sees that Rose has it worse than he does (she gets paid, but most of her money goes to her pimp, and said pimp and some of her clients can be belligerent, and of course the concern about STD's), and decides to rescue her from this life.
- Rose gets in trouble with her pimp for keeping a boyfriend...not good for "business", you know?
Back To This Bed of Roses
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.