|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character is killed off repeatedly for laughs.
- Straight: Bob dies almost all the time, and yet reappears in the next with no explanation.
- Exaggerated: Bob dies Once Per Episode.
- Downplayed: Bob always breaks his arms, legs, or even gets crippled for life, yet is as fresh as new the next episode.
- Justified: Bob has a very high healing factor.
- The show's a comedic Groundhog Day Loop.
- Inverted: Bob's always the sole survivor of whatever unfortunate event that the creators throw at him and others.
- Subverted: The character dies all the time, but then he ends up getting Killed Off for Real... which makes it all the more heartbreaking because the characters and/or audience know that he isn't coming back.
- Double Subverted: ...and then comes back a few episodes later with no explanation.
- Parodied: Bob's deaths are in such a spectacularly gory manner that no sane person would survive... and yet he does.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Either Bob never dies, or Bob is Killed Off for Real.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played for Laughs: ???
- Played for Drama: The show is a Groundhog Day Loop where Bob's death is the cause of the loops, causing much agony until he finally survives and earns his happy ending.
Oh great! They Killed Kenny Again!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.